E-commerce and Security Threats to E-commerce
The E-Commerce website contains confidential information provided by customers such as his password, contact details, and credit card details but when to concentrate on commercial deals among organizations and individuals demanding selective information system under the guarantee of the firm it accepts the form of e-business. E-commerce are broken into six main categories, which are given below:
- Business to Business E-commerce (B2B E-commerce)
- Business to Consumer E-commerce (B2C E-commerce)
- Consumer to Business E-commerce (C2B E-commerce)
- Consumer to Consumer E-commerce (C2C E-commerce)
- Business to Government( B2G E-commerce)
- Government to Business (G2B E-commerce)
These are explained as following below.
- Business to Business E-commerce (B2B E-commerce):
In Business to Business E-commerce, both participants are businesses. As a result, the volume and value of B2B e-commerce can be huge. B2B stands for business to business. It consists of a largest form of e-commerce. This model defines that buyer and seller are two different entities. It is similar to manufacturer issuing goods to the retailer or wholesaler.
- Business to Consumer E-commerce (B2C E-commerce):
It is model taking business and consumers interaction. Online business interaction sells to individuals. The basic concept of the model to sell the product online to the consumers. B2C is the indirect trade between the company and consumer. It provides direct selling online and B2C stands for business to consumer as the name suggests.
- Consumer to Business E-commerce (C2B E-commerce):
A consumer post his project ith set budget online and within hour company review the consumer requirement and bid on the project. The consumer reviews the bid and selects the company that will complete the project. Elance company empowers consumer around the world by providing meeting ground and platform for such transaction.
- Consumer to Consumer E-commerce (C2C E-commerce):
C2C stands for the consumer to consumer as the name suggests. Though there are no major parties need parties will not fulfill the transaction without the program. That is because it is the most popular platform that enables the consumer to sell to other consumers.
- Business to Government( B2G E-commerce): The B2G model of E-commerce is a model in which businesses sell products and services directly to the government or government agencies. This model provides a way for businesses to bid on government projects or products that government might purchase or need of their organizations. Business to Government activities is increasing.
- Government to Business (G2B E-commerce): The government to Business model involves transactions between a government and business organizations. For Example, the government plans to build a flyover. For this, the government requests for tenders from various contractors through website. Such government websites support auctions, tenders, and application submission functionalities.
Security Threats to E-commerce:
E-commerce online system represents to the exchange of goods and services over the Internet and also e-commerce also applies to business to business transaction for Example, between manufacturer and supplier or distributor. E-commerce system also relevant for the service security, For example, online banking and brokerage services allow to the customer to retrieve bank statement online, transfer funds pay credit card bills, etc.
There are many threats which are given below:
- Disclosure of secret data.
- Passing or demolition of data.
- Mutation of data.
- Denial of services.
- Inaccuracy in software.