To use the Web-based services of AWS- DynamoDB the following steps need to be followed:
- Create an AWS account by navigating to the following link:- https://portal.aws.amazon.com/billing/signup#/start
- Get the AWS access Key (used to access DynamoDB programmatically).
- Configure your credentials (used to access DynamoDB programmatically).
Creating AWS account:
- Visit the following website:- https://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/
- Click on the “Get Started with Amazon DynamoDB” button, or the “Create an AWS Account” button.
- Fill in the required information for account creation.
- Choose the plan that best suits you and you are good to go.
After the above steps, you can sign in to the AWS console and then navigate to the DynamoDB console.
Getting an AWS Access Key:
Before you can access DynamoDB programmatically or through the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), you must have an AWS access key. You don’t need an access key if you plan to use the DynamoDB console only.
Access keys consist of an access key ID and secret access key, which are used to sign programmatic requests that you make to AWS. If you don’t have access keys, you can create them from the AWS Management Console. As a best practice, do not use the AWS account root user access keys for any task where it’s not required. Instead, create a new administrator IAM user with access keys for yourself.
The only time that you can view or download the secret access key is when you create the keys. You cannot recover them later. However, you can create new access keys at any time. You must also have permission to perform the required IAM actions.
Creating access keys for an IAM user:
To create an access key for an IAM user follow the following steps:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/
- In the navigation pane, choose Users.
- Choose the name of the user whose access keys you want to create, and then choose the Security credentials tab.
- In the Access keys section, choose Create access key.
- To view the new access key pair, choose Show. You will not have access to the secret access key again after this dialog box closes. Your credentials will look something like this:
Access key ID: AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE Secret access key: wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
- To download the key pair, choose Download .csv file. Store the keys in a secure location. You will not have access to the secret access key again after this dialog box closes.
- After you download the .csv file, choose Close. When you create an access key, the key pair is active by default, and you can use the pair right away.
Now you are all set to access the AWS DynamoDB web-based console which is as shown below and start developing your application.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.