AWS DynamoDB – Web Based Setup
To use the Web-based services of AWS- DynamoDB the following steps need to be followed:
Creating AWS account:
- Visit the following website:- https://aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/
- Click on the “Get Started with Amazon DynamoDB” button, or the “Create an AWS Account” button.
- Fill in the required information for account creation.
- Choose the plan that best suits you and you are good to go.
After the above steps, you can sign in to the AWS console and then navigate to the DynamoDB console.
Getting an AWS Access Key:
Access keys are used to access DynamoDb either through the AWS CLI or through any computer program. Access keys have the following attributes:
- Access key ID
- Secret Access key
An access key can be generated using the AWS Management console.
Keep in mind that, you can only download the secret key once while generating an Access key and there is no other way to recover them back. However, you can create new access keys at any time by using the required IAM actions.
Note: You do not need an Access key if you are accessing DynamoDB through the AWS console.
Creating access keys for an IAM user:
To create an access key for an IAM user follow the following steps:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/
- In the navigation pane, choose Users.
- Choose the name of the user whose access keys you want to create, and then choose the Security credentials tab.
- In the Access keys section, choose Create access key.
- To view the new access key pair, choose Show. You will not have access to the secret access key again after this dialog box closes. Your credentials will look something like this:
Access key ID: AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE
Secret access key: wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
- To download the key pair, choose Download .csv file. Store the keys in a secure location. You will not have access to the secret access key again after this dialog box closes.
- After you download the .csv file, choose Close. When you create an access key, the key pair is active by default, and you can use the pair right away.
Now you are all set to access the AWS DynamoDB web-based console which is as shown below and start developing your application.