It was an on-campus drive-by DXC technology for 2021 pass outs.
Round 1(Online Test on AMCAT): It consists of :
- English Verbal ability: 12 QS 15 MIN
- Logical Reasoning: 14 QS 14 MIN
- Qualitative Aptitude: 16 QS 16 MIN
- Essay Witting on WRITEX: 1 TOPIC 20 MIN : (around 250 words)
- Computer Fundamentals: 12 QS 15 MIN
- Automat Fix: 7 QS 20 MIN
The test was adaptive. One question at a time. Cannot skip a question. Cannot go back to change answers.
Web proctored. No negative marking. Sectional cutoff applied.
ROUND 2(Virtual Interview): Platform used Smart Meet by AMCAT one on one interview was conducted. The interview duration was 30 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and it was more like a conversation. He wanted me to drive the interview.
- Tell me about yourself
- Explain your project
- Tell me about your achievements I also told him about my area of interest and subjects that interest me, but he did not ask anything about them.
- He asked me what subjects you have in your current semester. I was kind of blank for a second because I hardly took any classes during that semester. But I took 2-3 seconds and answered him 5-6 subjects. He asked me about 2 subjects from lot i.e. Information Security and Wireless Communication.
- General questions like what you know about these subjects and why are they used. Mention the topics that come under them. I could frame my answer in brief, talked about topics (not in details) with real-life examples and usage.
- Tell me about your strengths.
- Tell me about your co-curricular activities. I mentioned participation in hackathons and being part of several societies in college. He was impressed. I also added about another project which I developed for a competition
- He asked me about what I did in the lockdown period. I mentioned learning DSA and working on programming skills.
- Asked me about online courses and certification. I said that I don’t believe in certifications. I have learned everything on my own through youtube videos and tutorials. Through his face, I understood that I need to cover up, so I mentioned my past certifications and training on Android app development and Machine Learning. Then he said it’s wonderful. I suggest you mention certifications because the interviewer needs to give you extra marks for that.
- Do you know about the latest technologies? I told him AI, ML, BlockChain, Cyber Security.
- Do you know about IoT? I said I have not studied about it but I told him all that I knew. I added about microprocessors, RaspberryPI, Smart Homes and Cities, Implementation on hardware devices, etc. He was quite satisfied with my answer and praised me.
- What is the OS? Which OS do you use and you have worked upon? I answered.
- Do you know any scripting language?
- Tell me about looping? I explained in depth about looping constructs.
- Are you ready to relocate?
Do you any questions for me?
I asked him about DXC training, work culture, career growth for freshers. He explained positively. Then I asked him if he could provide me with any feedback, to which he said that he cannot but frankly said that I did good and answered everything. He also added that he can’t wait to welcome me on board. I guess that was enough assurance he gave to me.
After 15-20 days, the College received results.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.