Dunzo Interview Experience for SDE Intern (On-Campus) 2023
Round 1 (Coding Assessment): There were two questions that need to be solved in 90 mins. Questions were medium-hard level.
- One is based on DSA and another is based on API. For reference, I am attaching the link here:
Verdict: 13 students cleared this round including me and received mail after a few days.
Round 2 (Technical Interview Round 1 / DSA Round / Live Code Pairing): At the first interviewer introduced himself then he asked me to introduce myself after my introduction he asked me to share my screen as this interview was on google meet and then jumped into coding questions:
- He shares the doc on my mail id and then pasted out the question, the question was based on Game Theory + DP, and I explained the overlapping subproblems first and optimized using DP.
- For reference, I am attaching the link here: Stone Game V
- I miss an edge case to add in it first, the interviewer gave me the hint about it and eventually it clicked to me too and then I add it to my code.
- The interviewer was satisfied with the code and then moves to the second question.
- Second question was based on LIS (DP), to be precise not exactly LIS there was a variation of LIS. I solved the question using binary search and explained my approach and the time complexity to him.
- For reference, how the variation of LIS being asked in interviews, I am attaching a link here: Russian Doll Envelopes
This round lasted for about 60 – 65 mins. The interviewer looked happy after I solved both questions, So I was pretty sure that I would qualify for the next round. The next day I received the mail for my second round.
Verdict: 3 students were selected from this round including me.
Round 3 (Technical Interview Round 2 / DSA Round / Live Code Pairing): In this round again interviewer introduced himself first then he asked me to introduce myself, he shares the doc on my mail id and moved to coding questions.
- He asked me Longest Valid Parentheses I solved the question using Space Complexity O(n2), then he asked me to do it with O(n) complexity, and he gave me one hint after that hint I was able to solve it very quickly.
- The second question was based on the Array and Hash Table. Given an unsorted integer array, return the smallest missing positive integer. The constraint is O(n) time and uses constant extra space.
- I explained to him brute force first, which takes O(n log n) and constant extra space, after it, I tell him the second approach which runs in O(n) time but takes O(n) extra space.
- I was thinking of the approach, then he gave me a hint in between as very less time remains.
- He told me at the beginning of the interview that if I tell him the approach then also he would be happy.
- Then, I think in that direction, I would be able to tell the approach on the basis of the hint that he gave me.
This round lasted for about 60-65 mins. The interviewer looked happy after I solved both questions, So I was pretty sure that I would qualify for the next round. In the evening time on the same day, I got a call that my last round would happen on next day.
Verdict: 2 students were selected for the final round.
Round 4 (Cultural Fitment Round): The interviewer was a senior manager in DUNZO having 10+ years of experience.
- At first, he introduced himself, then he asked me to introduce myself and asked me why I took admission to college, and why especially the IT branch?
- Then goes directly to my resume and asked the question related to the tech stack that I used in the project. Then share me his screen and asked me to walk through my project’s code with him. Discussion on scope, execution etc.
Then some Behavioral Questions like:
- What were my favourite subjects in my academics?
- Which project I am proud of?
- Why do I want to join DUNZO? Why not any other organisation?
- What difficulties did I face when I learned the new tech stack and how did I overcome it?
- How do I keep myself updated?
- Which Data Structures I am currently studying?
- Then he asked me if I have any questions for him. I asked two questions.
This round lasted for about 30 – 35 mins. In the evening time on the same day, I got the mail that I have been selected. I was so happy and started crying and celebrating.
Please Login to comment...