Prerequisite: Python GUI – tkinter
Python offers multiple options for developing a GUI (Graphical User Interface). Out of all the GUI methods, Tkinter is the most commonly used method. It is a standard Python interface to the Tk GUI toolkit shipped with Python. Python with Tkinter is the fastest and easiest way to create GUI applications. Creating a GUI using Tkinter is an easy task.
OptionMenu is an important part of any GUI. It creates a popup menu, and a button to display it. It is similar to the combobox widgets commonly used on Windows.
- master: This parameter is used to represents the parent window.
- options: Contain the Menu values
For creating Dropdown menu follow these steps:
- Define the datatype of menu text, means integer, string, or any other datatype
- Set initial menu text (That display initially)
- Add menu value in option as a list
- Create Dropdown menu
Below is an Implementation that creates Dropdown menus in Tkinter:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.