Depending upon of its usages, the software may be classified as generic or specific. Generic software is a software that can perform multiple tasks in a different environment without being modified like a word processor software that can be used by anyone to make different types of documents as a report, whitepaper, training material, etc. Specific software is software for a particular application, like railway reservation system, weather forecasting, etc.
Some Domain Specific Tools :
- School Management System : School management system handles various activities and processes of a school to facilitate campus management like examination, attendance, admission, student’s fees, timetable, teacher’s training, etc. It provides a healthy interaction among teachers, students, parents.
- Inventory Management : Managing multiple tasks like purchase, sales, order, delivery, stock maintenance, etc. associated with raw or processed goods in any business is called inventory management. The inventory management software ensures that stocks are never below specified limits and purchase/deliveries are done in time. Inventory management system is very useful for forecasting, utilizing economies of scale and timing.
- Payroll Management System : Payroll management system deals with the financial aspects of the employee’s salary, taking care of leaves, bonus, loans, etc. Some advantages of using this kind of management system are managed employee information efficiently, generate pay-slip at the convenience of a mouse click, manages its own security. Payroll software is generally a component of HR (Human Resource) management software in big organizations.
Employee Definition | Salary Structure | Pay Element | Tax Details Recording | Leave and Time Sheet Booking | Employee Appraisal | Employee Payroll Generation | Salary Payment
Block diagram for Salary Payment Process
- Financial Accounting : Financial management software keeps an electronic record of all financial transactions of the organization. Objectives of financial accounting
- Record financial transactions as and when they occur so that the data can be analyzed for preparing a financial statement.
- Calculate profit or loss, to enable management to take course-correction strategies if required.
- Ascertain the financial strength of the company by determining its assets and liabilities.
- Communicate the information to stakeholders through statements and reports, so that these stakeholders can take appropriate decisions on their investments in the business.
- Hotel Management :Hotel management software helps hotel managers to keep track of inventory levels, daily orders, customer management, employee scheduling, table booking, etc.
- Reservation System :A reservation system is a software that handles multiple modules like train routes, train management, seat booking, meal booking, train maintenance, train status, travel package, etc.
- Weather Forecasting System : Weather forecasting system is a real-time software that predicts the weather of a place by collecting live data about atmospheric temperature, humidity, wind level, etc. It is used to predict major disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc.
- Office Tools and Domain Specific Tools
- HTML | DOM domain Property
- How to determine if an array contains a specific value in PHP?
- How to adjust CSS for specific zoom level?
- How to get specific number of child elements using CSS?
- Removing occurrences of a specific character from end of a string in PHP
- How to remove gutter space for a specific div in Bootstrap ?
- How to reload page after specific seconds in jQuery ?
- Why overriding both the global new operator and the class-specific operator is not ambiguous?
- CSS | fit-content() Property
- How to change the placeholder text using jQuery?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.