In this article, we will see how we can create a dog year calculator using PyQt5. Dog year calculator will tell the age of a dog if the dog was human, the dog grew a lot faster than humans. Below is how the calculator will look like :
PyQt5 is a cross-platform GUI toolkit, a set of python bindings for Qt v5. One can develop an interactive desktop application with so much ease because of the tools and simplicity provided by this library. Below is the command to install the PyQt5
pip install PyQt5
GUI Implementation Steps :
- Create a heading label that displays the calculator name.
- Create a label to show users to enter the age of the dog.
- Create a QSpinBox object for the user to enter the years.
- Create push-button for calculating the age.
- Create a label to show the calculated age.
Back-End Implementation :
- Add an action to the push button.
- Set minimum and maximum values to the spin box.
- Inside the push button, an action gets the value of spin box.
- If the value is 1 then age is 15, if the value is 2 then age is 24 else age is increment by 4 for next years.
- Show the calculated age with the help of a label.
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course