In this article, we will see how we can create a dog year calculator using PyQt5. Dog year calculator will tell the age of a dog if the dog was human, the dog grew a lot faster than humans. Below is how the calculator will look like :
PyQt5 is a cross-platform GUI toolkit, a set of python bindings for Qt v5. One can develop an interactive desktop application with so much ease because of the tools and simplicity provided by this library. Below is the command to install the PyQt5
pip install PyQt5
GUI Implementation Steps :
- Create a heading label that displays the calculator name.
- Create a label to show users to enter the age of the dog.
- Create a QSpinBox object for the user to enter the years.
- Create push-button for calculating the age.
- Create a label to show the calculated age.
Back-End Implementation :
- Add an action to the push button.
- Set minimum and maximum values to the spin box.
- Inside the push button, an action gets the value of spin box.
- If the value is 1 then age is 15, if the value is 2 then age is 24 else age is increment by 4 for next years.
- Show the calculated age with the help of a label.
Below is the implementation
- Building Calculator using PyQt5 in Python
- Loan Calculator using PyQt5 in Python
- 1/4 Mile Calculator using PyQt5 in Python
- Creating Golden Ratio Calculator using PyQt5
- Silver Ratio Calculator using PyQt5
- Ratio Calculator using PyQt5
- Aspect Ratio Calculator using PyQt5
- PyQt5 - Flames Calculator
- PyQt5 - Calculator for Number of seconds You have Lived
- PyQt5 - Percentile Calculator
- PyQt5 - Age Nearest Birthday Calculator
- PyQt5 - Average Speed Calculator
- PyQt5 - Beats and Breaths Calculator
- PyQt5 - Days From Date Calculator
- Basic calculator program using Python
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Distance-time GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Simple calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Loan calculator using Tkinter
- Python - Compound Interest GUI Calculator using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.