Docker is a set of the platform as service products that use OS-level virtualization to deliver software in packages called containers(namespace). here, we are dockerizing a simple user login and sign up Django project. The project we are using too dockerized is Sign Up and log in
To download source code use
$ git clone https://github.com/itsvinayak/user_login_and_register.git
The next step is to add Docker to it. So, create an empty file named Dockerfile and put this code inside it
$ touch Dockerfile
now edit it.
FROM python:3.6 RUN apt-get update \ && apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends \ && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* WORKDIR /usr/src/app COPY requirements.txt ./ RUN pip install -r requirements.txt COPY . . EXPOSE 8000 CMD ["python", "manage.py", "runserver", "0.0.0.0:8000"]
Now we need to build our Docker image and run it. This can be done by the following command :
to build image
$ sudo docker build -t image_name .
to see if image exit use and you can see all your images.
$ sudo docker images
to run docker application use
$ sudo docker run -p 8000:8000 image_name
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Simple Calculator in Bash
- A simple understanding of Computer
- Lex program to implement a simple Calculator
- Array implementation of queue (Simple)
- Simple Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Python | Simple calculator using Tkinter
- Simple Keyboard Racing with Python
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Simple Chat Room using Python
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- How to start nmap and run a simple scan ?
- Creating a simple browser using PyQt5
- Python | Simple FLAMES game using Tkinter
- ML | Handle Missing Data with Simple Imputer
- How to build a simple Calculator app using Android Studio?
- Python | Creating a Simple Drawing App in kivy
- Creating a simple JSON based API using Node.js
- Python | Make a simple window using kivy
- Compile our own Android Kernel in 5 Simple Steps
- Python | Simple registration form using Tkinter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.