Prerequisites: Django – Dealing with warnings
Why do we need apps?
In Django Set 2 (Creating a Project), we saw how we can display text in our browser using Django but that is not the best and pythonic way. Django recommends using the project-app relationship to build Django projects.
Any website contains different sections. For example, Geeksforgeeks has different sections for users, contributors, to practice programming, for online courses, payments, etc. All these sections have different attributes, formats and authorized staffs like only users with admin privileges can access, see and alter payment details. For all these different sections, we create different Django apps.
Benefits of using Django apps
- Django apps are reusable i.e. a Django app can be used with multiple projects.
- We has loosely coupled i.e. almost independent components
- Multiple developers can work on different components
- Debugging and code organisation is easy. Django has excellent debugger tool.
Django provides some pre-installed apps for users. To see pre-installed apps, navigate to
geeksforgeeks –> geeks_site –> settings.py
settings.py file, you will find INSTALLED_APPS. Apps listed in INSTALLED_APPS are provided by Django for developers’ comfort.
We will use some of these apps in our project.
- Django - Creating apps | Set - 2
- Django Introduction | Set 2 (Creating a Project)
- Creating and Using Serializers - Django REST Framework
- Data Science Apps Using Streamlit
- Creating a Proxy Webserver in Python | Set 1
- Creating a Proxy Webserver in Python | Set 2
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame | Set - 2
- Django Models | Set - 1
- Django Models | Set - 2
- Django Templates | Set - 1
- Django Templates | Set - 2
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- Creating a sorted merged list of two unsorted lists in Python
- Python | Creating a 3D List
- Creating Python Virtual Environment in Windows and Linux
- Creating child process using fork() in Python
- Creating a simple machine learning model
- Creating linear kernel SVM in Python
- Creating a Pandas Series from Dictionary
- Python | Creating tensors using different functions in Tensorflow
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.