Write a program to determine the distance(D) between two points traveled by a boat, given the speed of boat in still water(B), the speed of the stream(S), the time taken to row a place and come back i.e T.
Input : B = 5, S = 1, T = 1 Output : D = 2.4 Input : B = 5, S = 2, T = 1 Output : D = 2.1
Formula for distance is D = T*(B^2 – S^2)/ (2*B)
How does this formula work?
Time taken when person goes upstream, t1 = D/(B-S) Time taken when person goes downstream, t2 = D/(B+S) We are given t1 + t2 = T So, D/(B-S) + D/(B+S) = T D = T*(B^2 - S^2)/ (2*B)
The distance between two points via boat = 2.4 km
- Speed of boat in still water from speed of stream and times taken
- Speed of boat upstream and downstream
- Program to calculate distance between two points
- Program to calculate distance between two points in 3 D
- Minimum number of points to be removed to get remaining points on one side of axis
- Time until distance gets equal to X between two objects moving in opposite direction
- Check if two people starting from different points ever meet
- Distance Traveled by Two Trains together in the same Direction
- Find maximum and minimum distance between magnets
- Perpendicular distance between a point and a Line in 2 D
- Distance between a point and a Plane in 3 D
- Coordinates of rectangle with given points lie inside
- Program to check if the points are parallel to X axis or Y axis
- Program to find equation of a plane passing through 3 points
- Maximum points of intersection n lines
- Convert a given temperature to another system based on given boiling and freezing points
- QA - Placement Quizzes | Time Speed Distance | Question 1
- QA - Placement Quizzes | Time Speed Distance | Question 2
- QA - Placement Quizzes | Time Speed Distance | Question 3
- QA - Placement Quizzes | Time Speed Distance | Question 4
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : chitranayal