The full form of PHP is a Hypertext preprocessor. It was developed by Rasmus Lerdorf. It is a programming language for developing dynamic web applications and interactive websites. It is a server-side scripting language. It is used for establishing a connection between the front-end and database i.e., back-end.
Ways to run a PHP program:
- Generally, we need a web browser to run a PHP program.
- Write code in notepad.
- Save the file with any name followed by a .php extension.
- For example, Geeksforgeeks.php.
- Save the file in the XAMPP location of the file structure.
- If the XAMPP is installed in local disk C, then we have to save the file in C:\xampp\htdocs.
After saving your code file into the htdocs folder follow the below steps.
- Open XAMPP control panel.
- Start Apache and MySQL servers
- Go to any browser and type localhost/filename.php in the search box.
- If you save your PHP code in a subfolder in htdocs, then type localhost/subfolder_name/filename.php
A PHP code can be written in 3 ways
- Without any HTML markups
- Embedding HTML markups in PHP code
- Embedding PHP code in HTML.
1. Without any HTML markups:
The addition of a and b is 20
2. Embedding HTML markups in PHP code:
3. Embedding PHP code in HTML:
Your first PHP code
The most proficient way:
- All three are most proficient.
- They may be implemented based on the required work.
- For example, if we want to develop only front-end pages then we can directly use HTML instead of embedding PHP with HTML.
- If we want to develop dynamic web pages and which are using back-end databases then we can embed HTML with PHP.
- Even though if we write PHP code in HTML, we are going to save the file with the .php extension only.
- Because the web pages should interact with the database which is present in XAMPP.
- To run a PHP page we need XAMPP. If we use XAMPP as a server we need to save our code with filename followed by .php extension only.
- All methods are proficient only. We can use any method based on our present work.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.