Several complexities are arising when new devices and appliances are embedded into the existing IT infrastructure. It may lead to loss of data and stalled supply chains if the network is failed in a commercial context. Now the internet users are using effective network monitoring tools for handling the IT environment in a secure Internet of Things (IoT) environment.
In the technological world, the internet of things already affects the functions of the industries. So, the IT professionals can keep a close eye on each stage of the development to change the course of their network. The below points define the different ways to prepare your network for IoT and help you to manage the network-related transitions to an enabled infrastructure.
1. Network Capacity and Network Bandwidth: Due to the growth of IoT enabled devices and bandwidth requirements, the network traffic will be increased over time. Throughout the process, you just need to set up an SDN to allot the network resources automatically such as IoT applications for reflecting in policies. As a result, it would be calendaring the bandwidth for the IoT devices for sending data at a specified interval.
2. Install an IoT Gateway: The IoT gateways are generally used for managing the numerous IoT devices and sensors available in the network. By installing the gateway, you can translate each protocol and unique piece of data to its most appropriate destination. It can manage and support the broadening array of new devices as well as applications for real-time network protection against the security issues for preventing the IoT vulnerabilities.
3. Analyze the Big Data: The IoT network can analyze the IoT data more cost-effectively and efficiently to produce and gather the data. For analyzing the big data from an IoT device, you need the edge servers with processing power and capacity for data analysis and to make the servers fit for the environments. Now the IoT data are coming in different sizes because it can provide a lot of value to the business. Consequently, the scalable cloud storage is the best solution for storing data at or inside the IoT devices.
4. Set up Network Monitoring: The numerous types of IoT devices are always evolving the IoT related network for using robust IT monitoring. With the IoT technology, one can plan for an adaptable and scalable network monitoring procedure that can eventually encompass the variables. The IoT has the potential to change the face of the entire business significantly and affect the IT infrastructure as well as manage them ultimately to an added network.
5. Secure the Network for IoT: In many phases, the IoT security vulnerabilities can face several challenges to patch and define the default credentials which cannot be updated easily. By using the IoT technology in the network, you can protect your network through the risk analysis as well as IT policies and policy enforcement. IoT vendors can mitigate every network for security concerns.
With several numbers of IoT technologies, you can give yourself and your business the best opportunity to bring security for handling the network.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Basic Network Attacks in Computer Network
- How to prepare for IELTS?
- How to prepare for top MNCs?
- How to Prepare for GATE CS 2021
- Important Tips on How To Prepare for the GRE
- What is Competitive Programming and How to Prepare for It?
- How to Prepare for the GRE General Test
- 10 Tips to Prepare for a Video Job Interview
- How to prepare for Infosys - The Complete guide
- 7 Best Tips to Prepare for Online Job Interviews
- How To Prepare For InfyTQ (Infosys Certification Exam)?
- 7 Must-Have Mobile Apps to Prepare for Online Interviews
- How to Prepare a Word List for the GRE General Test
- How to prepare test case report for a Project?
- 6 Tips to Prepare Behavioural Interview Questions
- How to Prepare for Microsoft Software Development Engineering Interview?
- How to Prepare for Amazon Software Development Engineering Interview?
- Differences between Wireless Adhoc Network and Wireless Sensor Network
- Difference between Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- 5 Tips to Prepare for Microsoft Azure Cloud Certification Exam
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.