Several complexities are arising when new devices and appliances are embedded into the existing IT infrastructure. It may lead to loss of data and stalled supply chains if the network is failed in a commercial context. Now the internet users are using effective network monitoring tools for handling the IT environment in a secure Internet of Things (IoT) environment.
In the technological world, the internet of things already affects the functions of the industries. So, the IT professionals can keep a close eye on each stage of the development to change the course of their network. The below points define the different ways to prepare your network for IoT and help you to manage the network-related transitions to an enabled infrastructure.
1. Network Capacity and Network Bandwidth: Due to the growth of IoT enabled devices and bandwidth requirements, the network traffic will be increased over time. Throughout the process, you just need to set up an SDN to allot the network resources automatically such as IoT applications for reflecting in policies. As a result, it would be calendaring the bandwidth for the IoT devices for sending data at a specified interval.
2. Install an IoT Gateway: The IoT gateways are generally used for managing the numerous IoT devices and sensors available in the network. By installing the gateway, you can translate each protocol and unique piece of data to its most appropriate destination. It can manage and support the broadening array of new devices as well as applications for real-time network protection against the security issues for preventing the IoT vulnerabilities.
3. Analyze the Big Data: The IoT network can analyze the IoT data more cost-effectively and efficiently to produce and gather the data. For analyzing the big data from an IoT device, you need the edge servers with processing power and capacity for data analysis and to make the servers fit for the environments. Now the IoT data are coming in different sizes because it can provide a lot of value to the business. Consequently, the scalable cloud storage is the best solution for storing data at or inside the IoT devices.
4. Set up Network Monitoring: The numerous types of IoT devices are always evolving the IoT related network for using robust IT monitoring. With the IoT technology, one can plan for an adaptable and scalable network monitoring procedure that can eventually encompass the variables. The IoT has the potential to change the face of the entire business significantly and affect the IT infrastructure as well as manage them ultimately to an added network.
5. Secure the Network for IoT: In many phases, the IoT security vulnerabilities can face several challenges to patch and define the default credentials which cannot be updated easily. By using the IoT technology in the network, you can protect your network through the risk analysis as well as IT policies and policy enforcement. IoT vendors can mitigate every network for security concerns.
With several numbers of IoT technologies, you can give yourself and your business the best opportunity to bring security for handling the network.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 3
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 2
- Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 1
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateways
- Impact of IoT on CyberSecurity
- Combining IoT and Machine Learning makes our future smarter
- Challenges in World Of IoT
- Benefit Of IoT in Healthcare Sector
- Complementary Relationship Between Cloud Computing and IOT
- IoT- Recreating Healthcare
- Security Threats to IoT Devices
- Benefits of IoT for transportation sector
- 4 Industries That Will Continue To Be Reshaped By IoT In The 2020s
- 7 Steps to Getting Started With IoT
- IoT and Garbage Monitoring System
- Challenges Faced By IoT in Agricultural Sector
- Components of IOT and relation with Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Benefits of Internet of Things(IoT) in Manufacturing Industry
- World Of IoT Boards
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.