Different Ways to Increase Editor Font Size in Android Studio
Android Studio is the official IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for Android app development and it is based on JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA software. Android Studio provides many excellent features that enhance productivity when building Android apps, such as:
- A blended environment where one can develop for all Android devices
- Apply Changes to push code and resource changes to the running app without restarting the app
- A flexible Gradle-based build system
- A fast and feature-rich emulator
- GitHub and Code template integration to assist you to develop common app features and import sample code
- Extensive testing tools and frameworks
- C++ and NDK support
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine, and many more.
In this article, we will see different ways to increase the editor font size of Android Studio. We are going to discuss three different methods for doing this task.
- Method 1: Temporary change in the font size
- Method 2: Permanently changing Font size
- Method 3: Using the Action tab
Method 1: Temporary change in the font size
Go to File -> Settings, a new setting dialogue box will appear. Then go to Editor -> General.
Now mark the checkbox Change font size with Ctrl + Mouse wheel and click on Apply button. Now to change your editor font size, you just have to press and hold Ctrl and rotate the Mouse wheel. However, the font will get reset to the default size the next time you start Android Studio.
Method 2: Permanently changing Font size
Go to File -> Settings -> Editor -> Font -> Size.
Now Enter the suitable size and click Apply. This will be permanent.
Method 3: Using the Action tab
Click Ctrl + Shift + A. A new box will appear, search font there then you can see a lot of options then click on increase font size. It will increase the font size of the editor by some pixels.
You can repeat the same process to decrease the font size.