Database users are categorized based up on their interaction with the data base.
These are seven types of data base users in DBMS.
- Database Administrator (DBA) :
Database Administrator (DBA) is a person/team who defines the schema and also controls the 3 levels of database.
The DBA will then create a new account id and password for the user if he/she need to access the data base.
DBA is also responsible for providing security to the data base and he allows only the authorized users to access/modify the data base.
- DBA also monitors the recovery and back up and provide technical support.
- The DBA has a DBA account in the DBMS which called a system or superuser account.
- DBA repairs damage caused due to hardware and/or software failures.
- Naive / Parametric End Users :
Parametric End Users are the unsophisticated who don’t have any DBMS knowledge but they frequently use the data base applications in their daily life to get the desired results.
For examples, Railway’s ticket booking users are naive users. Clerks in any bank is a naive user because they don’t have any DBMS knowledge but they still use the database and perform their given task.
- System Analyst :
System Analyst is a user who analyzes the requirements of parametric end users. They check whether all the requirements of end users are satisfied.
- Sophisticated Users :
Sophisticated users can be engineers, scientists, business analyst, who are familiar with the database. They can develop their own data base applications according to their requirement. They don’t write the program code but they interact the data base by writing SQL queries directly through the query processor.
- Data Base Designers :
Data Base Designers are the users who design the structure of data base which includes tables, indexes, views, constraints, triggers, stored procedures. He/she controls what data must be stored and how the data items to be related.
- Application Program :
Application Program are the back end programmers who writes the code for the application programs.They are the computer professionals. These programs could be written in Programming languages such as Visual Basic, Developer, C, FORTRAN, COBOL etc.
- Casual Users / Temporary Users :
Casual Users are the users who occasionally use/access the data base but each time when they access the data base they require the new information, for example, Middle or higher level manager.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Database Management Systems | Set 1
- Database Management Systems | Set 2
- Database Management Systems | Set 3
- Database Management Systems | Set 4
- Database Management Systems | Set 5
- Database Management Systems | Set 6
- Database Management Systems | Set 7
- Database Management Systems | Set 10
- Database Management Systems | Set 8
- Database Management Systems | Set 9
- Database Management Systems | Set 11
- How to store a password in database?
- Types of Keys in Relational Model (Candidate, Super, Primary, Alternate and Foreign)
- Introduction of Database Normalization
- Database Management System | Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- Introduction of DBMS (Database Management System) | Set 1
- Distributed Database System
- Multimedia Database
- Database Recovery Techniques in DBMS
- Database Objects in DBMS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.