A graphics card is a printed circuit board that houses a processor and a RAM. It is a piece of computer hardware that produces the image you see on a monitor.The visual part of the network helps in controlling and improving the pictures, videos, animations and other features. Graphic card is called by different name like video adapter, display adapter, and graphic accelerator.
A video card is a PC component that is used to enhance the quality of images showed on a display. It is a device which is used to connect the motherboard to the computing system. The video card controls display factors such as resolution, colors displayed, and the speed of the images displayed. It also called as graphics accelerators and can speed up both 2D and 3D graphics rendering.
Let’s see the Different Between Graphics Card and Video Card:
|S.NO.||GRAPHICS CARD||VIDEO CARD|
|1||Graphics Card helps in controlling and improving the pictures, videos, animations and other features.||Video Card is used to connect the motherboard to the computing system.|
|2||The speed of a graphics card is faster||The speed of a video card is slower than graphics card.|
|3||Graphics cards are expensive than video cards.||Video cards are cheaper in comparison to the graphics.|
|4||A graphics card may not be present with the computer||A video card is always present with the computer|
|5||A graphic card shows the picture with a better resolution and even supports 3D animation.||A video card is used to display the visual items on the computer screen.|
|6||They are used for gaming purposes.||They are used for video editing and multimedia projects.|
|7||They have their own cooling system and RAM for better performance.||They do not have their own RAM, thus reduces the system RAM memory.|
- Computer Graphics | Cathode ray tube (video display device)
- Reflection In 2D Graphics
- bar() function in C graphics
- Mandlebrot Set in C/C++ Using Graphics
- Computer Graphics | Antialiasing
- Applications of Computer Graphics
- Draw Rectangle in C graphics
- Draw circle in C graphics
- How to include graphics.h in CodeBlocks?
- bar3d() function in C graphics
- Draw a line in C++ graphics
- Draw ellipse in C graphics
- How to create a Heart using C Graphics
- Vector vs Raster Graphics
- Segments in Computer Graphics
- Sierpinski Triangle using Graphics
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- C Program to create a House using Graphics
- Painter's Algorithm in Computer Graphics
- Computer Graphics | The RGB color model
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.