In this section we shall see the differences between Point-to-Point and Multi-point Communication. In point to point communication, there is dedicated link between two nodes and in multi-point communication, link is provided all times for share the connection among nodes.
Now, the differences between these to communication with the help of diagram are given below:
|S.NO||Point to point communication||Multipoint Communication|
|1.||Point to point communication means the channel is shared between two devices.||Multipoint Communication means the channel is shared among multiple devices or nodes.|
|2.||In this communication, There is dedicated link between two nodes.||In this communication, link is provided all times for share the connection among nodes.|
|3.||In this communication, the entire capacity is reserved between these connected two devices.||In this communication, the entire capacity is depend on the quick sharing.|
|4.||In this communication, there is one transmitter and one receiver.||In this communication, there is one transmitter and many receivers.|
|5.||In point-to-point connections, the smallest distance is most important to reach the receiver.||In Multi-point connections, the smallest distance is not important to reach the receiver.|
|6.||Point-to-point communication provides security and privacy because communication channel is not shared.||Multi-point communication does not provides security and privacy because communication channel is shared.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Differences between PointToPoint and Publish/subscribe model in JMS
- Difference between Satellite Communication and Optical Communication
- Wireless Communication | Set 1
- Wireless Communication | Set 3
- Wireless Communication | Set 2
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Network and Communication
- Data Communication Terminologies
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Satellite Communication
- Traditional wireless mobile communication
- Advantages and disadvantages of Wireless Communication
- Components of Data Communication System
- Difference Between Computer Network and Data Communication
- Advantages and disadvantages of Remote Communication Technology
- Two way communication between Client and Server using Win32 Threads
- Data Link Layer Communication Protocols in IoT
- Data Communication over Telephone Lines Using Modems
- Difference between Near Field Communication (NFC) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Differences between TCP and UDP
- Differences between JDK, JRE and JVM
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.