In this section, we shall discuss how Intra-domain Routing is different from Inter-domain Routing. Intra domain is any protocol in which Routing algorithm works only within domains on the other hand Inter domain is any protocol in which Routing algorithm works within and between domains.
Let us see the differences between Intradomain and Interdomain:
|S.No||Intradomain Routing||Interdomain Routing|
|1.||Routing algorithm works only within domains.||Routing algorithm works within and between domains.|
|2.||It need to know only about other routers within their domain.||It need to know only about other routers within and between their domain.|
|3.||Protocols used in intradomain routing are known as Interior-gateway protocols.||Protocols used in interdomain routing are known as Exterior-gateway protocols.|
|4.||In this Routing, routing takes place within an autonomous network.||In this Routing, routing takes place between the autonomous networks.|
|5.||Intradomain routing protocols ignores the internet outside the AS(autonomous system).||Interdomain routing protocol assumes that the internet contains the collection of interconnected AS(autonomous systems).|
|6.||Some Popular Protocols of this routing are RIP(resource information protocol) and OSPF(open shortest path first).||Popular Protocols of this routing is BGP(Border Gateway Protocol) used to connect two or more AS(autonomous system).|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Classful Routing and Classless Routing
- Difference between Distance vector routing and Link State routing
- Unicast Routing - Link State Routing
- Difference between Adaptive and Non-Adaptive Routing algorithms
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Routing
- Difference between Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Difference between Hierarchical and Flat routing protocol
- Difference between Transparent Bridge and Source Routing Bridge
- Route Poisoning and Count to infinity problem in Routing
- Fixed and Flooding Routing algorithms
- Network Layer Services- Packetizing, Routing and Forwarding
- Trust Based Energy-Efficient and Secure Routing Protocols for IoT
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C language
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C++
- Onion Routing
- Routing v/s Routed Protocols in Computer Network
- Distance Vector Routing (DVR) Protocol
- Probabilistic shortest path routing algorithm for optical networks
- Inter VLAN Routing by Layer 3 Switch
- Features of Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.