1. Excel :
Excel was introduced by Microsoft, which displays the data in horizontal and vertical rows.The data are usually stored in the cells.We have an option of formulas in the Excel that can be used for data and its place of storage.You can even add any charts, graphics, etc. to make it more presentable.
2. Tableau :
Tableau displays the information in a pictorial and graphical view. It easily spots patterns, trends between the data points.They can be connected to the third party tools to pull the data. There are drag and drop features with that a user can easily access and analyze key data, create innovative reports and visualizations, and share critical insights across the company.
Differences Between Excel and Tableau :
|1||Excel is spreadsheet software.||Tableau is data visualization software.|
|2||It is to organize, format and calculate the data.||It is to represent and visualize the insights from the data.|
|3||It is best for small scale data analysis.||It is best for dashboard creations.|
|4||Excel can integrate with more than 60 applications.||Tableau software can integrate with over 250 applications.|
|5||Excel has moderate speed and no option to quicken.||Tableau also has average speed, but it has multiple options to customize and enhance the development of a project.|
|6||To utilize excel to full potential, one needs to have the basic knowledge of macro and visual basic scripting knowledge.||Tableau is a kind of analysis tool can be used without any programming knowledge.|
|7||Excel is good for multi-layered calculations.||Tableau isn’t good for multi-layered calculations.|
|8||Excel inbuilt security feature is weak as compared to that of Tableau.||Tableau has many options to secure data quickly without any scripting.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Tableau and Domo
- Difference between Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Difference Between CSV and Excel
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C language
- Similarities and Differences between Ruby and C++
- Differences between Virtual Circuits and Datagram Networks
- Differences between TreeMap, HashMap and LinkedHashMap in Java
- Differences between JDK, JRE and JVM
- Differences between Flatten() and Ravel() | Numpy
- Differences between number of increasing subarrays and decreasing subarrays in k sized windows
- Differences between 8086 and 8088 microprocessors
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Differences between TCP and UDP
- Software Engineering | Differences between Coupling and Cohesion
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
- What are the differences between HTTP, FTP, and SMTP?
- Differences between IPv4 and IPv6
- Differences between wait() and join() methods in Java
- Differences between Bootstrap and JQuery UI
- Software Engineering | Differences between Manual and Automation Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.