Computer Architecture is a functional description of requirements and design implementation for the various parts of computer.It deals with functional behavior of computer system. It comes before the computer organization while designing a computer.
Architecture describes what the computer does.
Computer Organization comes after the decide of Computer Architecture first. Computer Organization is how operational attribute are linked together and contribute to realise the architectural specification. Computer Organization deals with structural relationship.
Organization describes how it does it.
Now, let’s see the difference between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization:
|S.NO||Computer Architecture||Computer Organization|
|1.||Architecture describes what the computer does.||Organization describes how it does it.|
|2.||Computer Architecture deals with functional behavior of computer system.||Computer Organization deals with structural relationship.|
|3.||In above figure, its clear that it deals with high-level design issue.||In above figure, its also clear that it deals with low-level design issue.|
|4.||Architecture indicates its hardware.||Where, Organization indicates its performance.|
|5.||For designing a computer, its architecture is fixed first.||For designing a computer, organization is decided after its architecture.|
|6.||Computer Architecture is also called as instruction set architecture.||Computer Organization is frequently called as micro architecture.|
|7.||Computer Architecture comprises logical functions such as instruction sets, registers, data types and addressing modes.||Computer Organization consists of physical units like circuit designs, peripherals and adders.|
|8.||Architecture coordinates between the hardware and software of the system.||Computer Organization handles the segments of the network in a system.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 1 (Execution, Stages and Throughput)
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 3 (Types and Stalling)
- Computer Organization and Architecture | Pipelining | Set 2 (Dependencies and Data Hazard)
- Computer Organization | Von Neumann architecture
- Difference between Shared Nothing Architecture and Shared Disk Architecture
- Difference between System Architecture and Software Architecture
- Computer Organization | Basic Computer Instructions
- Computer Organization | Performance of Computer
- Computer Organization | Amdahl's law and its proof
- Computer Organization | Instruction Formats (Zero, One, Two and Three Address Instruction)
- Computer Organization | Locality and Cache friendly code
- Computer Organization | RISC and CISC
- Cache Memory in Computer Organization
- Computer Organization | Hardwired v/s Micro-programmed Control Unit
- Computer Organization | Micro-Operation
- Computer Organization | Different Instruction Cycles
- Computer Organization | Booth's Algorithm
- Computer Organization | Problem Solving on Instruction Format
- Computer Organization | Asynchronous input output synchronization
- Last Minute Notes Computer Organization
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378