In the changing world of technologies, the devices used are also changing. Let us take a look at the changes between 8085 series of microprocessors and 8086 series of microprocessors.
|Serial No.||8085 microprocessor||8086 microprocessor|
|1||The data bus is of 8 bits.||The data bus is of 16 bits.|
|2||The address bus is of 16 bits.||The address bus is of 20 bits.|
|3||The memory capacity is 64 KB.Also 8085 Can Perform Operation Upto 2^8 ie. 256 numbers. A number greater than this is to taken multiple times in 8 bit data bus.||The memory capacity is 1 MB.Also 8086 Can Perform Operation upto 2^16 ie. 65,536 numbers.|
|4||The input/output port addresses are of 8 bits.||The input/output port addresses are of 8 bits.|
|5||The operating frequency is 3.2 MHz.||The operating frequency is 5 MHz, 8MHZ,10MHZ.|
|5||8085 MP has Single Mode Of Operation.||8086 MP has Two Modes Of Operation.
1. Minimum Mode = SingLe CPU PROCESSOR
2. Maximum Mode = Multiple CPU PROCESSOR.
|6||It not have multiplication and division instructions.||It have multiplication and division instructions.|
|7||It does not support pipe-lining.||It supports pipe-lining as it has two independent units Execution Unit (EU) and Bus Interface Unit (BIU).|
|8||It does not support instruction queue.||It supports instruction queue.|
|9||Memory space is not segmented.||Memory space is segmented.|
|10||It consists of 5 flags(Sign Flag, Zero Flag, Auxiliary Carry Flag, Parity Flag, Carry Flag).||It consists of 9 flags(Overflow Flag, Direction Flag, Interrupt Flag, Trap Flag, Sign Flag, Zero Flag, Auxiliary Carry Flag, Parity Flag, Carry Flag).|
- Reset Accumulator (8085 & 8086 microprocessor)
- Pin diagram of 8086 microprocessor
- Interrupts in 8086 microprocessor
- Addressing modes in 8086 microprocessor
- Memory Segmentation in 8086 Microprocessor
- Flag register of 8086 microprocessor
- Arithmetic instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Logical instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Data transfer instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- General purpose registers in 8086 microprocessor
- String manipulation instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Process control instructions in 8086 microprocessor
- Bus organization of 8085 microprocessor
- Interrupts in 8085 microprocessor
- Registers of 8085 microprocessor
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : itzkartikforu