|ODBC Stands for Open Database Connectivity.||JDBC Stands for java database connectivity.|
|Introduced by Microsoft in 1992.||Introduced by SUN Micro Systems in 1997.|
|We can use ODBC for any language like C,C++,Java etc.||We can use JDBC only for Java languages.|
|We can choose ODBC only windows platform.||We can Use JDBC in any platform.|
|Mostly ODBC Driver developed in native languages like C,C++.||JDBC Stands for java database connectivity.|
|For Java applications it is not recommended to use ODBC because performance will be down due to internal conversion and applications will become platform Dependent.||For Java application it is highly recommended to use JDBC because there we no performance & platform dependent problem.|
|ODBC is procedural.||JDBC is object oriented.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between JDBC and Hibernate in Java
- JDBC Drivers
- Introduction to JDBC
- Establishing JDBC Connection in Java
- How to add Image to MySql database using Servlet and JDBC
- JDBC Using Model Object and Singleton Class
- Java Servlet and JDBC Example | Insert data in MySQL
- Difference between HLP and PCP
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between PCI and PCI-X
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
- Difference between PCI-E and PCI-X
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between 4G and 5G
- Difference Between JSP and PHP
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between SQL and T-SQL
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference between PNG and GIF
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.