1. Zigbee :
Zigbee is like UWB (Ultra-Wide Band). the frequency range supported in Zigbee mostly 2.4 GHz worldwide, it means 2.4 GHz is not supported all times. It covers more distance as compared with Bluetooth. There are sixteen RF channels in zigbee.
Below are the some important points about Zigbee :
- It was developed under IEEE 802.15.4.
- The frequency range supported in Zigbee mostly 2.4 GHz worldwide.
- It also uses BPSK and QPSK modulation techniques like UWB.
- There is more than sixty five thousand (65000) cell nodes in zigbee.
- There are sixteen RF channels in zigbee.
- Zigbee also requires low bandwidth but greater than Bluetooth’s bandwidth most of time.
- The radio signal range of zigbee is ten to hundred meters.
2. Wi-Fi :
Wi-Fi stands for Wireless Fidelity. It is a technology for wireless local area networking with devices based on IEEE 802.11 standards. Wi-Fi compatible devices can connect to the internet via WLAN network and a wireless access point abbreviated as AP. Every WLAN has an access point which is responsible for receiving and transmitting data from/to users. IEEE has defined certain specifications for wireless LAN, called IEEE 802.11 which covers physical and data link layers.
Below are the some important points about Wi-Fi :
- It requires wireless adapteron all devices and wireless router for connectivity.
- Wi-Fi stands for Wireless Fidelity.
- It consumes high power.
- It provides better security.
- Wi-Fi supports large amount of users.
- The radio signal range of Wi-Fi is 100 meters.
- It requires high bandwidth.
Difference between Zigbee and Wi-Fi :
|The frequency range supported in Zigbee mostly 2.4 GHz worldwide.||Wifi transmits data at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio frequencies.|
|It consumes less power.||It consumes high power.|
|It uses BPSK and QPSK modulation techniques like UWB.||It doesn’t use BPSK and QPSK modulation techniques like UWB.|
|It supports less number of users.||It supports large amount of users.|
|The radio signal range of zigbee is ten to hundred meters.||The radio signal range of Wi-Fi is 100 meters.|
|Zigbee network is more reliable as compared to Wi-Fi network.||WiFi network is less reliable as compared to Zigbee network.|
|It requires low bandwidth but greater than Bluetooth’s bandwidth most of time.||It requires high bandwidth.|
|Zigbee frequencies are less stable.||Wifi frequencies are more stable.|
|Zigbee is for Wide area network based applications.||WiFi is for Local area network based applications.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster
- Difference between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender
- Difference between Bluetooth and Zigbee
- Difference between Zwave and ZigBee
- Introduction of ZigBee
- Difference between LiFi and WiFi
- Difference between WiFi and WiMax
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- Difference between WiFi and MiFi
- Difference between WiFi and GiFi
- Difference between WiFi and HotSpot
- WiFi and its Amendments
- Wifi protected setup (WPS)
- Wifi protected access (WPA)
- Indoor Navigation using WiFi
- How to Hack a Open WiFi?
- Introduction to Wireless-Fidelity-6 (WiFi-6)
- WiFi Calling
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.