1. VoltDB :
VoltDB is distributed In-Memory NewSQL RDBMS and an ACID-compliant RDBMS that uses a shared-nothing architecture. This database designed by Michael Stonebraker, Sam Madden, and Daniel Abadi. Initially, VoltDB database includes graphs for cluster throughput and latency as well as CPU and memory usage. It is based on H-Store and scales with the increasing core-per-CPU counts on multi-core servers.
2. XAP :
XAP is High-performance in-memory data grid for mission-critical applications and provides an essential set of data store features, such as transactions, indexes, and query language (SQL-like queries). It is a file format used to install and distribute application software.
Difference between XAP and VoltDB :
|1||It is developed by Gigaspaces Technologies and initially released on 2000 and current release on June 2019.||It is developed by VoltDB Inc. and initially released on 2010 and current release on April 2019.|
|2||Its primary database model is Document store and Key-value store and its secondary database models isObject oriented DBMS.||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|3||Its server operating systems of XAP Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows.||Its server operating systems of VoltDB is Linux, OS X.|
|4||It supports GigaSpaces LRMI, Hibernate, JCache, JDBC, JPA, ODBC, RESTful HTTP API, Spring Data.||It supports Java API, JDBC, RESTful HTTP/JSON API.|
|5||XAP has ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) concepts transaction concepts.||Transaction concepts VoltDB is ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).|
|6||Replication methods of XAP- Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.||Replication methods of VoltDB is Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.|
|7||Partitioning methods of XAP is Sharding.||It doesn’t holds sharding partitioning methods.|
|9||It has Immediate Consistency concept.||It doesn’t holds Consistency concept.|
|10||Implementation language of XAP is Java, C++, .Net||Implementation language of VoltDB is Java, C++.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between Virtuoso and VoltDB
- Difference between Vertica and VoltDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and VoltDB
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and VoltDB
- Difference between Trafodion and VoltDB
- Difference between VoltDB and Warp 10
- Difference between WakandaDB and VoltDB
- Difference between Weaviate and VoltDB
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Trafodion and XAP
- Difference between VelocityDB and XAP
- Difference between XAP and WakandaDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.