1. Virtuoso :
Virtuoso is a middleware that supports management of data represented as relational tables and/or property graphs. It is a multi-model hybrid-RDBMS which holds primary database model as Graph DBMS, Native XML DBMS, Relational DBMS, RDF store, Search engine. It is designedfor taking advantages of operating system threading support and multiple CPUs. Virtuoso Object-relational database (ORDBMS) supports entity integrity and referential integrity.
1. XAP :
XAP High performance in-memory data grid for mission critical applications and provides an essential set of data store features, such as transactions, indexes, and query language (SQL-like queries). It is a file format used to install and distribute application software.
Difference between XAP and Virtuoso :
|1||Developed by Gigaspaces Technologies and initially released on 2000 and current release on June 2019.||Developed by Virtuoso and initially released on 1998 and current release on May 2019.|
|2||Its primary database model is Document store and Key-value store.||Its primary database model is Graph DBMS, Native XML DBMS, Relational DBMS, RDF store, Search engine.|
|3||Its secondary database models is Object oriented DBMS.||Its secondary database models is Document store.|
|4||Server operating systems of XAP Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows.||Server operating systems of AIX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, Linux, OS X, Solaris, Windows.|
|5||XAP supports GigaSpaces LRMI, Hibernate, JCache, JDBC, JPA, ODBC, RESTful HTTP API, Spring Data.||Virtuoso supports ADO.NET, GeoSPARQL, HTTP API, JDBC, Jena, RDF API, ODBC, OLE DB, RDF4J API, RESTful HTTP API, Sesame REST HTTP Protocol, SOAP, webservices, WebDAV, XPath, XQuery, XSLT.|
|6||XAP has ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) concepts transaction concepts.||Its Transaction concepts is ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).|
|7||Replication methods of XAP- Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.||Replication methods of Virtuoso is based on Chain, star, and bi-directional replication, Master-master replication, Master-slave replication.|
|8||Partitioning methods of XAP is Sharding.||It doesn’t holds sharding partitioning methods.|
|10||It has Immediate Consistency concept.||Yes, Virtuoso has Consistency concept.|
|11||Implementation language of XAP is Java, C++, .Net.||Implementation language of Virtuoso is C.|
|12||It doesn’t holds Foreign keys.||It holds Foreign keys.|
|13||It has SQL-like query language and DML statements.||Yes, Virtuoso has SQL.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Trafodion and XAP
- Difference between VelocityDB and XAP
- Difference between XAP and WakandaDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between Virtuoso and VoltDB
- Difference between Vertica and Virtuoso
- Difference between Valentina Server and Virtuoso
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between VelocityDB and Virtuoso
- Difference between Trafodion and Virtuoso
- Difference between Virtuoso and YugabyteDB
- Difference between WakandaDB and Virtuoso
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.