1. WiFi Extender :
WiFi extender is a networking device which is used to extend the range of the already connected WiFi network when there is drop in the signal of the network. It increases the amplification of signals when the signals drop in the network. It is basically a device established between the WiFi router and the user device. It strengths the dignals coming from router whenever the signal strength is down.
2. WiFi Booster :
WiFi booster is a networking device which is also used for modification in the range of WiFi network but it is quite different from WiFi extender. It is not installed between WiFi router and user device but it is established on the WiFi router itself. It is basically used as antenna in the WiFi router which extends the range of the network and makes it more powerful.
Difference between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster :
|WIFI EXTENDER||WIFI BOOSTER|
|It is a networking device used to extend the range of existing WiFi network.||It is also a networking device used to extend the range of WiFi network.|
|It increases the signal strengths to reach the destination.||It eliminates the dead spots to reach the signals to destination.|
|It is established between WiFi router and user device.||It is established on WiFi router itself.|
|It does not work as an antenna.||It works as an antenna.|
|It is used in private organizations for improvement in range.||It is used in large organization and residential buildings for improvement in range.|
|It is used at places where WiFi signals can’t reach at all.||It is used where WiFi signals reach but are weak.|
|Its establishment is complex.||It is easy to establish.|
|It is more costly.||While it is comparatively less costly.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender
- Difference between LiFi and WiFi
- Difference between WiFi and WiMax
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- Difference between WiFi and MiFi
- Difference between WiFi and GiFi
- Difference between WiFi and HotSpot
- WiFi and its Amendments
- Wifi protected setup (WPS)
- Wifi protected access (WPA)
- Indoor Navigation using WiFi
- How to Hack a Open WiFi?
- Introduction to Wireless-Fidelity-6 (WiFi-6)
- WiFi Calling
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.