Wi-Fi and Internet are two completely different things. Wi-Fi is more sort of a facility that gives wireless Internet access to smartphones, computers, or other devices within a selected range.
On the other hand the Internet is a language through which computers communicate (send and receive their information) via the Internet Protocol. It’s sort of a massive network of networks that connects many computers globally in order that users at one computer can interact or share information with users at another computer as long as they’re connected to the web.
So, let’s see that the difference between Wi-Fi and Internet:
|1.||It is a wireless networking technology that is used to send and receive signals from nearby devices in order to provide the Internet access.||Whereas it is a telecommunication networking technology by which the device are interconnected globally.|
|2.||In wi-fi radio frequency waves are used in order to send and receive the information.||Whereas in the Internet, a set of predefined rules governed by the TCP / IP suite is used.|
|3.||WiFi is one of the few ways to access the Internet.||Whereas unlike wi-fi, the Internet is a language through which the computers are communicate.|
|4.||Wireless devices can be connected to WiFi but it is not necessarily to the Internet.||While in the Internet, wifi is not required in order to connect computers globally.|
|5.||In WiFi, DSL devices and routers are required.||In the Internet, a device is needed to connect the Internet and LAN servers.|
|6.||In WiFi, a computer is connected to the Internet.||Whereas in the Internet, many computers are connected to a network.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster
- Difference between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender
- Difference between LiFi and WiFi
- Difference between WiFi and WiMax
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- Difference between WiFi and MiFi
- Difference between WiFi and GiFi
- Difference between WiFi and HotSpot
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Internet and WWW
- Difference between Internet, Intranet and Extranet
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- WiFi and its Amendments
- Wifi protected setup (WPS)
- Wifi protected access (WPA)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : MKS075