For International Network communication, we require a web browser and web servers. Web browser and servers play an important role to establish the connection. The client sends requests for web document or service. The message goes from the web browser to the web server is known as an HTTP request. When the web server receives the request, it searches its stores to find the appropriate page. If the web server is able to locate the page, it parcels up to the HTML contained within (using some transport layer protocol), addresses these parcels to the browser (using HTTP), and transmit them back across the network.
If the web server is unable to find the requested page, it sends a page containing an error message (i.e. Error 404 – page not found) and it parcels up to the dispatches that page to the browser. This message received by the web browser by the server is called the HTTP response.
The main differences between the Web browser and web servers are:
|Web Browser||Web Server|
|Web Browser is an Application program that displays a World wide web document. It usually uses the internet service to access the document.||Web server is a program or the computer that provide services to other programs called client.|
|The Web browser requests the server for the web documents and services.||The Web server accepts, approve and respond to the request made by the web browser for a web document or services.|
|The web browser act as an interface between the server and the client and displays a web document to the client.||The web server is a software or a system which maintain the web applications, generate response and accept clients data.|
|The web browser sends an HTTP request and gets an HTTP response.||The web server gets HTTP requests and send HTTP responses.|
|Doesn’t exist any processing model for the web browser.||There exist three types of processing models for web server i.e Process-based, Thread based and Hybrid.|
|Web browser stores the cookies for different websites.||Web servers provide an area to store and organize the pages of the website.|
|The web browser is installed on the client computer.||The web server can be a remote machine placed at the other side of your network or even on the other end of the globe, or it is your very own personal computer at home.|
- Difference Between Web server and Application server
- Difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache web server
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- How to choose Web Hosting Server and Web Domain ?
- How to get the size of screen, current web page and browser window using jQuery?
- How to open a PDF files in web browser using PHP?
- How to disable browser Autocomplete on web form field/input tag?
- Difference between Web Scraping and Web Crawling
- Difference between Web Designer and Web Developer
- How to share code between Node.js and the browser?
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- Create a web server and run PHP script on it using Raspberry Pi
- Web Server and Its Type
- Build a Simple static file web server in Node
- Node.js | Web Server
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Benefits of Automated Cross-Browser Testing for Online Business
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.