Web Application: Web application is a piece of software that can be accessed by the browser. A Browser is an application that is used to browse the internet.
Web application needs authentication. The web application uses a combination of server-side scripts and client-side scripts to present information. It requires a server to manage requests from the users.
Example: Google Apps
Website: Website is a collection of related web pages that contains images, text, audio, video, etc. It can be consist of one page, two pages, and n number of pages.
A website provides visual and text content that users can view and read.
To view a website requires a browser(chrome, firefox). There are many types of websites like Archive website, Blog, Community website, Dating website, etc.
Example: Amazon, youtube, etc.
Below is a table of differences between Web Application and Website:
|Web application is designed for interaction with end users.||Website basically contains static content.|
|The user of web application can read the content of web application and also manipulate the data.||The user of website only can read the content of website but not manipulate .|
|The web application site should be precompiled before deployment.||The website does not need to be precompiled .|
|The function of web application is quite complex .||The function of website is simple.|
|Web application is interactive for users.||Web site is not inetractive for users.|
|The browser capabilities involved with web application is high.||The browser capabilities involved with web site is high.|
|Integration is complex for web application because of its complex functionality.||Integration is simpler for web site.|
|Web application mostly requires authentication||In wenb site authentication is not necessary.||EXAMPLE :- Amazon, Facebook, etc.||EXAMPLE :- Breaking News, Aktu website, etc.|
- Difference between Windows application and Web application
- Difference between Web Content, Web Structure, and Web Usage Mining
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- What is the Difference between Website and Web Portal
- Difference Between Web server and Application server
- Difference between Web Scraping and Web Crawling
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server
- Difference between Web Designer and Web Developer
- Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- Difference between Website and Blog
- Difference between Landing Page and Website
- How to Build Progressive Web Application and Submit it to the Play Store?
- How to choose Web Hosting Server and Web Domain ?
- Progressive Web App - A Combination of Native and Web App
- 10 Web Development and Web Design Facts That You Should Know
- 5 Must Have Tools For Web Application Penetration Testing
- How to choose a Technology Stack for Web Application Development ?
- Difference between System Software and Application Software
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.