1. Waterfall Testing :
Waterfall Testing is the type of software testing in which testing is a different phase and there are steps and steps classified and testing is performed only in that order. In this after the completion of the one phase or one level next level testing is carried out.
2. V-Model Testing :
V-Model testing is the type of software testing that takes place once the development process is fully complete or almost complete. In this, processes of development and testing are kept quite separate. It does not contain any iteration approach. It is less reliable as compared to agile testing.
Difference between Waterfall Testing and V-Model Testing :
|S.No.||Waterfall Testing||V-Model Testing|
|1.||It carried out only after the completion of development phase.||It takes place after the full completion of development phase.|
|2.||In waterfall testing, development team and testing team work are separate.||In v testing, development team and testing team work are separate.|
|3.||In this, testers may or may not be involve in the requirements.||In this, testers are involved in the requirements.|
|4.||This testing is continuous in nature.||This testing is sequential/parallel in nature.|
|5.||In this, testing is done post development.||In this, testing is done in parallel to the development.|
|6.||This is less reliable.||This is more reliable as compared.|
|7.||This is used in simple software testing.||This is also used in simple software testing.|
|8.||It tests whole software together.||It also tests whole software together.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Difference between Scrum Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Waterfall Software Testing
- Difference between Waterfall Model and Spiral Model
- Difference between Waterfall model and Incremental model
- Difference between V-model and Waterfall model
- Difference between RAD Model and Waterfall Model
- What is the difference between async.waterfall and async.series?
- Difference between Waterfall model and Prototype model
- Software Engineering | Classical Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Iterative Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Failure of Waterfall model
- When should you use Waterfall Model
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.