Difference between VueJS and AngularJS
In this article, we will see what is AngularJS & VueJS, along with knowing their different features, and basic usage with the help of illustrations. In the last, we will see the relevant differences between them.
AngularJS is an open-source front-end structural framework for making dynamic single-page web applications(SPAs). It is maintained by Google developers. It is suitable for cross-platform mobile development and Enterprise applications. Its features like dynamic binding and dependency injection eliminate the need for code that we have to write otherwise. It extends HTML attributes with Directives, and data is bound with HTML.
Features of AngularJS:
- Deep Linking: It permits you to encode the condition of the application in the URL so that it can be bookmarked.
- Services: It comes with many built-in services.
- Filters: It filters the data array with respect to the parameters before it reaches the view.
- Architecture: It has an MVC ( Model – view – controller ) architecture.
Example: This example illustrates the basic Angular JS by implementing the directive, controller, etc.
Features of VueJS:
- Components: They help in creating custom elements that can be reused in HTML.
- Transition: Different approaches are provided in VueJS to apply a transition to HTML components when they are included or expelled from the DOM.
- Directives: VueJS has built-in directives that are utilized to perform different activities on the front end. Example v-else, v-show, v-on, etc.
- Architecture: It has MVVM ( Model -view – viewmodel) architecture.
Note: VueJS is a great framework it has many improvements in terms of AngularJS, it is good at single-page applications and also good at smaller applications, but there is a huge competition between VueJS and AngularJS.
Example: This example illustrates the basic implementation of the VueJS by implementing the interpolation concept.
Difference between AngularJS & VueJS:
AngularJS is a front-end framework that can be utilized with any back-end programming language, like PHP, Java, etc.
This framework uses the HTML-based template syntax, along with using the concept of Models and Components, etc.
This framework uses the command line interface or CDN links for the installation.
Angular JS is an open-source framework for the client-side of the application that supports real-time web applications.
Vue JS is an open-source & progressive framework that is best suited for designing lightweight & single-page applications by facilitating with a simple user-friendly interface.
|6.||Size of AngularJS is 563 Kb.||Size of VueJS is 33.5 Kb.|
In terms of Dependencies, AngularJS needs to import the required modules in order to get started.
Unlike AngularJS, VueJS doesn’t have a built-in feature.
|8.||Community is more popular than Vue.||Community is comparatively small.|
This framework is not compatible with the backward versions of AngularJS, ie, the projects developed in the AngularJS, can’t be run on the Angular 2 version.
VueJS is easily compatible with the backward versions of VueJS.
|11.||Learning curve is steep.||Learning curve is easier as compared to Angular.|
|12.||Developer and original author is Google.||Developer and original author is Evan You.|