Virus is a computer program or software that connect itself to another software or computer program to harm computer system. When the computer program runs attached with virus it perform some action such as deleting a file from the computer system. Virus can’t be controlled by remote.
Worms is also a computer program like virus but it does not modify the program. It replicate itself more and more to cause slow down the computer system. Worms can be controlled by remote.
Trojan Horse does not replicate itself like virus and worms. It is a hidden piece of code which steal the important information of user. For example, Trojan horse software observe the e-mail ID and password while entering in web browser for logging.
Difference between Virus, Worm and Trojan Horse:
|Virus is a software or computer program that connect itself to another software or computer program to harm computer system.||Worms replicate itself to cause slow down the computer system.||Trojan Horse rather than replicate capture some important information about a computer system or a computer network.|
|Virus replicates itself.||Worms are also replicates itself.||But Trojan horse does not replicate itself.|
|Virus can’t be controlled by remote.||Worms can be controlled by remote.||Like worms, Trojan horse can also be controlled by remote.|
|Spreading rate of viruses are moderate.||While spreading rate of worms are faster than virus and Trojan horse.||And spreading rate of Trojan horse is slow in comparison of both virus and worms.|
|The main objective of virus to modify the information.||The main objective of worms to eat the system resources.||The main objective of Trojan horse to steal the information.|
|Viruses are executed via executable files.||Worms are executed via weaknesses in system.||Trojan horse executes through a program and interprets as utility software.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Virus and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Spyware and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Trojan Horse and Ransomware
- Difference between Worms and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Trojan Horse and Adware
- Difference between Malware and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Scareware and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Rootkit and Trojan Horse
- Trojan Horse and Trap Door
- Difference between Worms and Virus
- Difference between Virus and Malware
- Difference between Virus and Ransomware
- Difference between Virus and Spyware
- Difference between Virus and Adware
- Difference between Scareware and Virus
- Difference between Rootkit and Virus
- What Is Trojan Dropper ?
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378