1. Vertica :
Vertica is a Columnar relational DBMS which is designed to handle modern analytic workloads and enables fast query performance. Its headquarters is in Cambridge, MA, United States. It is an infrastructure-independent through which it supports deployments on multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), on-premises and natively on Hadoop nodes. Its Analytics Platform Community Edition was made available for free with certain limitations.
2. Yanza :
Yanza is Time Series DBMS for The Internet of Things (IoT) Applications and Developed by Yanza. Its Server Operating system is Window and supports HTTP API.
Difference between Vertica and Yanza :
|1||Developed by Vertica / Micro Focus and initially released on 2005. Current release date- Vertica 10.0 Software, May 2020 and Vertica for SQL on Hadoop 10.0 Software, May 2020||Developed by Yanza and initially released on 2015.|
|2||Server operating systems of Vertica is Linux||Server operating systems of Yanza is Windows.|
|3||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Its primary database model is Time Series DBMS.|
|4||Secondary database models of Vertica is Document store||Absence of secondary database models|
|5||Vertica supports C++, Java, Perl, Python, R, programming languages.||Yanza supports any language that supports HTTP calls.|
|6||APIs and other access methods of Vertica is ADO.NET, JDBC, Kafka, ODBC, Proprietary protocol, RESTful HTTP, API.||Yanza supports HTTP API.|
|7||Yes, Vertica has a Data Schema.||Data scheme of Yanza is schema-free.|
|8||It doesn’t has any Implementation language.||It doesn’t has any Implementation language.|
|9||Vertica- Transaction concepts is ACID ( Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).||Its doesn’t holds transaction concepts.|
|10||Replication methods of Vertica is Master-slave replication||Absence of Replication methods in Yanza.|
|11||Vertica has Immediate Consistency concept.||Yanza has Immediate Consistency concept.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yanza and YugabyteDB
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Weaviate and Yanza
- Difference between VelocityDB and Yanza
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and Yanza
- Difference between Trafodion and Yanza
- Difference between ToroDB and Yanza
- Difference between Vertica and Virtuoso
- Difference between Vertica and Yaacomo
- Difference between Vertica and VoltDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and Vertica
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Vertica
- Difference between VelocityDB and Vertica
- Difference between Transbase and Vertica
- Difference Between Trafodion and Vertica
- Difference between Vertica and YugabyteDB
- Advanced compression and encoding techniques in HP Vertica
- WOS and ROS storage in HP Vertica
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.