1. VelocityDB :
VelocityDB is a .NET Object Database that can be embedded/distributed and extended to a graph data model (VelocityGraph). This database is fast and low memory consuming. VelocityDB is an extremely high performance, easy to use, scalable, embeddable and distributable object database system.
2. VoltDB :
VoltDB is distributed in-memory NewSQL RDBMS and an ACID-compliant RDBMS that uses a shared nothing architecture. This database was designed by Michael Stonebraker, Sam Madden, and Daniel Abadi. Initially VoltDB database included graphs for cluster throughput and latency as well as CPU and memory usage. VoltDB is based on H-Store and scales with the increasing core-per-CPU counts on multi-core servers.
Difference between VelocityDB and VoltDB :
|1.||It was developed by VelocityDB Inc and initially released in 2011.||It was developed by VoltDB Inc. and initially released in 2010.|
|2.||Server operating system of VelocityDB is any system that supports .NET.||Server operating systems of VoltDB are Linux and OS X .|
|3.||It’s primary database models are Graph DBMS and Object-Oriented DBMS.||It’s primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|5.||APIs and other access methods of VelocityDB is .Net.||APIs and other access methods of VoltDB are Java API, JDBC, RESTful HTTP/JSON API.|
|6.||VelocityDB has a data schema.||VoltDB also has a data schema.|
|7.||Implementation language of VelocityDB is C#.||Implementation languages of VoltDB are Java and C++.|
|8.||VelocityDB supports transaction concepts of ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).||VoltDB also supports transaction concepts of ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).|
|9.||There is an absence of replication method in VelocityDB.||Replication methods of VoltDB are Master-Master Replication and Master-Slave Replication.|
|10.||VelocityDB has Immediate Consistency concept.||There is an absence of Consistency concept in VoltDB.|
|11.||Sharding is a partitioning method of VelocityDB.||There is an absence of partitioning method in VoltDB.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Virtuoso and VoltDB
- Difference between Vertica and VoltDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and VoltDB
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Trafodion and VoltDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between VoltDB and Warp 10
- Difference between WakandaDB and VoltDB
- Difference between Weaviate and VoltDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and YugabyteDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and VelocityDB
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and VelocityDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and WakandaDB
- Difference between Trafodion and VelocityDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and Weaviate
- Difference between VelocityDB and Warp 10
- Difference between VelocityDB and Virtuoso
- Difference between VelocityDB and XAP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.