1. UniData, UniVerse :
It is a MultiValue database and application server with SQL mapping layer and meta database capabilities. It makes for easier database design, eliminating the constraints of SQL normalization. UniVerse is a component of the MultiValue application platform, Its advantages is fast, flexible data server for developing enterprise apps. UniVerse-based applications maximizing processing throughput of available resources, dynamically allocate available resources.
2. XAP :
It is high performance in-memory data grid for mission critical applications and provides an essential set of data store features, such as transactions, indexes, and query language (SQL-like queries). It is a file format used to install and distribute application software.
Difference between UniData,UniVerse and XAP :
|1||Developed by Rocket Software and initially released on 1985.||Developed by Gigaspaces Technologies and initially released on 2000 and current release on June 2019.|
|2||Server operating systems of UniData, UniVerse is AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows.||Server operating systems of XAP Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows.|
|3||Its primary database model is Multivalue DBMS.||Its primary database model is Document store and Key-value store.|
|4||Absence of Secondary database models in UniData, UniVerse||Its secondary database models isObject oriented DBMS.|
|5||UniData, UniVerse supports .Net, Basic, C, Java, programming languages.||XAP supports .Net, C++, Java programming languages.|
|6||APIs and other access methods of UniData, UniVerse is Java API, JDBC, ODBC, OLE DB, Proprietary protocol, RESTful HTTP API, SOAP-based API.||XAP supports GigaSpaces LRMI, Hibernate, JCache, JDBC, JPA, ODBC, RESTful HTTP API, Spring Data.|
|7||Yes, UniData, UniVerse has a schema-free Data Schema.||Data scheme of XAP is schema-free|
|8||It has Implementation language C .||Implementation language of XAP is Java, C++, .Net|
|9||ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability) Transaction concepts in UniData, UniVerse.||XAP has ACID ( Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) concepts transaction concepts.|
|10||Replication methods of UniData, UniVerse Master-slave replication.||Replication methods of XAP- Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.|
|11||UniData, UniVerse doesn’t hold Consistency concept.||It has Immediate Consistency concept.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Trafodion and XAP
- Difference between VelocityDB and XAP
- Difference between XAP and WakandaDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between XAP and Virtuoso
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.