1. Transbase :
It is a resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provides parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
It is high-performance, cloud native and open source distributed SQL database globally-distributed document store. It aims to make applications agile. Yugabyte is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. It is distributed and developed as an Apache 2.0 open source project.
Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB :
|1||Developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released on 1987.||Developed by Yugabyte Inc. and initially released on 2017.|
|2||Current release on September 2019||Current release on March 2020.|
|3||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows, are the server, operating systems of Transbase.||Linux, OS X are server operating systems of YugabyteDB .|
|4||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|5||Absence of Secondary database models in Transbase.||Secondary database models is Document store and Wide column store|
|7||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, Proprietary native API are the APIs and other access methods of Transbase.||YCQL, an SQL-based flexible-schema API with its roots in Cassandra Query Language, APIs and other access methods.|
|8||Transbase has Data Schema.||Data scheme is depending on used data model.|
|9||It has Implementation language C and C++ .||Implementation language of YugabyteDB is C and C++.|
|10||Yes, Transbase has Transaction concepts.||Distributed ACID with Serializable & Snapshot Isolation. Inspired by Google Spanner architecture is Transaction concepts.|
|11||Replication methods of Transbase is Master-slave replication.||Replication methods is based on Raft distributed consensus protocol, minimum 3 replicas for continuous availability.|
|12||Transbase holds Immediate Consistency concept.||Has strong consistency on writes and tunable consistency on reads.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Yanza and YugabyteDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and YugabyteDB
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Trafodion and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Virtuoso and YugabyteDB
- Difference Between ToroDB and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Vertica and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Transbase and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Transbase and Vertica
- Difference between Transbase and VelocityDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.