It is a resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provides parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
2. VoltDB :
It is distributed In-Memory NewSQL RDBMS and an ACID-compliant RDBMS that uses a shared nothing architecture. This database designed by Michael Stonebraker, Sam Madden, and Daniel Abadi. Initially VoltDB database includes graphs for cluster throughput and latency as well as CPU and memory usage. VoltDB is based on H-Store and scales with the increasing core-per-CPU counts on multi-core servers.
Difference between Transbase and VoltDB :
|1||Developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released on 1987.||Developed by VoltDB Inc. and initially released on 2010.|
|2||Current release on September 2019||Current release on April 2019.|
|3||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows, are the server, operating systems of Transbase.||Linux, OS X are server operating systems of VoltDB.|
|4||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|6||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, Proprietary native API are the APIs and other access methods of Transbase.||Java API, JDBC, RESTful HTTP/JSON API are APIs and other access methods.|
|7||Yes, Transbase has Data Schema.||Yes, VoltDB has Data Schema.|
|8||It has Implementation language C and C++ .||Implementation language of VoltDB is Java, C++.|
|9||Yes, Transbase has Transaction concepts.||ACID ( Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) is Transaction concepts.|
|10||Replication methods of Transbase is Master-slave replication.||Replication methods of VoltDB is Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.|
|11||Transbase holds Immediate Consistency concept.||It doesn’t holds Consistency concept.|
|12||Yes, It holds Foreign keys.||No, It doesn’t holds Foreign keys.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Virtuoso and VoltDB
- Difference between Vertica and VoltDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and VoltDB
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and VoltDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and VoltDB
- Difference between Trafodion and VoltDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between VoltDB and Warp 10
- Difference between WakandaDB and VoltDB
- Difference between Weaviate and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Transbase and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Transbase and Vertica
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.