1. Transbase :
It is a resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provides parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
2. Virtuoso :
It is a middleware that supports management of data represented as relational tables and/or property graphs. It is a multi-model hybrid-RDBMS which holds primary database model as Graph DBMS, Native XML DBMS, Relational DBMS, RDF store, Search engine. It is designedfor taking advantages of operating system threading support and multiple CPUs. Virtuoso Object-relational database (ORDBMS) supports entity integrity and referential integrity.
Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso :
|1||Developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released on 1987.||Developed by Virtuoso and initially released on 1998.|
|2||Current release on September 2019||Current release on May 2019.|
|3||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows, are the server, operating systems of Transbase.||AIX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, Linux, OS X, Solaris, Windows are server operating systems of Virtuoso.|
|4||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database model is Graph DBMS, Native XML DBMS, Relational DBMS, RDF store, Search engine.|
|5||Absence of Secondary database models in Transbase.||Secondary database models is Document store.|
|7||Transbase has Data Schema.||Virtuoso has also Data Schema.|
|8||It has Implementation language C and C++ .||Implementation language of Virtuoso is C.|
|9||Yes, Transbase has Transaction concepts.||ACID ( Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) is Transaction concepts.|
|10||Replication methods of Transbase is Master-slave replication.||Replication methods of Virtuoso is based on Chain, star, and bi-directional replication, Master-master replication, Master-slave replication.|
|11||Transbase holds Immediate Consistency concept.||It also has Consistency concept.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Virtuoso and VoltDB
- Difference between Vertica and Virtuoso
- Difference between Valentina Server and Virtuoso
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Virtuoso
- Difference between VelocityDB and Virtuoso
- Difference between Trafodion and Virtuoso
- Difference between Virtuoso and YugabyteDB
- Difference between WakandaDB and Virtuoso
- Difference between XAP and Virtuoso
- Difference between Virtuoso and Yaacomo
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Transbase and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Transbase and Vertica
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.