1. Transbase :
It is a resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provide parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
2. UniData, UniVerse :
It is a MultiValue database and application server with SQL mapping layer and meta database capabilities. UniData makes for easier database design, eliminating the constraints of SQL normalization. UniVerse is a component of the MultiValue application platform, Its advantages is fast, flexible data server for developing enterprise apps. UniVerse-based applications maximizing processing throughput of available resources, dynamically allocate available resources.
Difference between Transbase and UniData, UniVerse :
|1.||It was developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released in 1987.||It was developed by Rocket Software and initially released in 1985.|
|2.||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows, are the server operating systems of Transbase.||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows are server operating systems of UniData, UniVerse.|
|3.||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Its primary database model is Multivalue DBMS.|
|5.||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, Proprietary native API are the APIs and other access methods of Transbase.||Proprietary protocol, RESTful HTTP API, Java API, JDBC, ODBC, OLE DB, SOAP-based API are the APIs and other access methods of UniData, UniVerse.|
|6.||It has Data Schema.||It has schema-free Data Schema.|
|7.||It has implementation language C and C++.||It has implementation language C.|
|8.||Transbase has Transaction concepts.||ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) is the transaction concept in UniData, UniVerse.|
|9.||Replication method of Transbase is Master-Slave Replication.||Replication method of UniData, UniVerse is also Master-Slave Replication.|
|10.||It holds Immediate Consistency concept.||It does not hold Consistency concept.|
|11.||It holds Foreign keys.||It does not hold Foreign keys.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Transbase and VelocityDB
- Difference between Transbase and Vertica
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Valentina Server
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between ANN, CNN and RNN
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between Tor and VPN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.