1. Trafodion :
It is a Transnational SQL-on-Hadoop DBMS. It is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Apache Hadoop. The name “Trafodion” pronounced as “Tra-vod-eee-on”. It is a relational database management system that runs on Apache Hadoop which provides support for transactional or operational workloads in a big data environment and for large data sets using a parallel-aware query optimizer.
2. XAP :
It is a distributed, highly-scalable, In Memory Data Grid. It is a High performance in-memory data grid for mission critical applications and provides an essential set of data store features, such as transactions, indexes, and query language (SQL-like queries). It is a file format used to install and distribute application software.
Difference between Trafodion and XAP :
|1||Developed by Apache Software Foundation, originally developed by HP and initially released on 2014.||Developed by Gigaspaces Technologies and initially released on 2000.|
|2||Current release on February 2019.||Current release on June 2019.|
|3||Linux is server, operating systems of Trafodion.||Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows are server operating systems of XAP.|
|4||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database model is Document store and Key-value store.|
|5||Absence of Secondary database models in Trafodion.||Secondary database models is Object oriented DBMS.|
|6||All languages supporting JDBC/ODBC/ADO.Net are programming languages.||.Net, C++, Java are supporting programming languages.|
|7||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC are the APIs and other access methods of Trafodion.||GigaSpaces LRMI, Hibernate, JCache, JDBC, JPA, ODBC, RESTful HTTP API, Spring Data are the APIs and other access methods.|
|8||It has Data Schema.||Data scheme of XAP is schema-free.|
|9||It has Implementation language Java and C++.||Implementation language of XAP is Java, C++, .Net.|
|10||It has ACID Transaction concepts.||It also has ACID Transaction concepts.|
|11||Via HBase is replication methods of Trafodion.||Replication methods of XAP- Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.|
|12||It holds Immediate Consistency concept.||It has Immediate Consistency concept.|
|13||It holds Foreign keys.||It does not holds Foreign key.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between VelocityDB and XAP
- Difference between XAP and WakandaDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between XAP and Virtuoso
- Difference between Trafodion and Valentina Server
- Difference between Trafodion and UniData,UniVerse
- Difference between Trafodion and VelocityDB
- Difference between Trafodion and VoltDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Trafodion and ToroDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Weaviate
- Difference between Trafodion and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Yanza
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.