1. Trafodion :
Trafodion is a Transactional SQL-on-Hadoop DBMS. It is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional or operational workloads on Apache Hadoop. The name “Trafodion” pronounced as “Tra-vod-eee-on”. It is a relational database management system that runs on Apache Hadoop which provides support for transactional or operational workloads in a big data environment and for large data sets using a parallel-aware query optimizer.
2. Virtuoso :
Virtuoso is a middleware that supports management of data represented as relational tables and/or property graphs. It is a multi-model hybrid-RDBMS which holds primary database models as Graph DBMS, Native XML DBMS, Relational DBMS, RDF store and Search engine. It is designed for taking advantages of operating system threading support and multiple CPUs. Virtuoso Object-relational database (ORDBMS) supports entity integrity and referential integrity.
Difference between Trafodion and Virtuoso :
|1.||It was developed by Apache Software Foundation and originally developed by HP.||It was developed by Virtuoso.|
|2.||Initially released in 2014.||Initially released in 1998.|
|3.||Linux is the server operating system of Trafodion.||AIX, FreeBSD, HP-UX, Linux, OS X, Solaris and Windows are the server operating systems of Virtuoso.|
|4.||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database models are Graph DBMS, Native XML DBMS, Relational DBMS, RDF store and Search Engine.|
|5.||There is an absence of secondary database model in Trafodion.||Secondary database model of Virtuoso is Document Store.|
|7.||Trafodion has Data Schema.||Virtuoso also has Data Schema.|
|8.||Implementation languages of Trafodion are Java and C++.||Implementation language of Virtuoso is C.|
|9.||Trafodion has ACID transaction concepts.||Virtuoso also has ACID transaction concepts.|
|10.||Replication method of Trafodion is via HBase.||Replication methods of Virtuoso are based on Chain, Star, and Bi-Directional Replication, Master-Master Replication and Master-Slave Replication.|
|11.||Trafodion holds Immediate Consistency concept.||Virtuoso also holds Consistency concept.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between XAP and Virtuoso
- Difference between Virtuoso and VoltDB
- Difference between WakandaDB and Virtuoso
- Difference between Virtuoso and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Vertica and Virtuoso
- Difference between Virtuoso and Yaacomo
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between VelocityDB and Virtuoso
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Virtuoso
- Difference between Valentina Server and Virtuoso
- Difference between Trafodion and XAP
- Difference between Trafodion and Weaviate
- Difference between Trafodion and ToroDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and VoltDB
- Difference between Trafodion and WakandaDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Trafodion and VelocityDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Warp 10
- Difference Between Trafodion and Vertica
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.