Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
Traditional Marketing: Traditional marketing is the old-way of marketing Technique. It refers to a kind of promotion, and advertisement includes flyers, billboards, TV ads, radio ads, print advertisements, newspaper ads, etc. which companies used in the early period to market their product.
The four phases of Traditional Marketing are Interest, Awareness, Desire, and Decision.
Digital Marketing: Digital Marketing is a modern way of marketing Technique. In which we promote, selling products and services by online marketing. It also refers to the Marketing of any kind of business through digital media and devices such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
The four phases of Digital Marketing are Planning, Conversation, Content, and Sequels.
Importance of Traditional Marketing:
Few reasons why brands make efficient use of traditional marketing are as follows:
- Easy Connectivity – Advertisements could be placed in newspapers and TV channels of the related geographical area to target the potential audience easily.
- Store AD Copies – Clients can save copies of newspapers or magazines so that they could refer to the features, prices, or offers whenever they wish to buy that product or service. They can also share those copies with friends and relatives if someone is in need of that product.
- Easy To Recognize – People are quite used to conventional ads since they are used to them for quite a long time and so they understand and recognize it quite easily & happily.
- Better Reach – Traditional marketing channels have a large client base and a single ad can reach millions of customers across various regions and areas in just one circulation. Further, people living in those areas where there is no proper internet access or lack of network connectivity can also get aware of your business or products through the medium.
Importance Of Digital Marketing:
Few reasons why digital marketing means are today the most preferred choice across every sector:
- Cost-Effective – Small fish or start-ups with low capital investment can find a better and budget-friendly medium to promote their products & services.
- Fair Play – Digital marketing gives fair play to all. All brands get equal and similar opportunities whether be it a multinational corporation or a start-up company, to attract the targeted customers.
- Power Content – On the internet, content is like a king and plays an influential role in your brand. It can influence your audience right away and strike a chord in their minds at the right time.
- More Conversions – The range of traffic being converted into prospective clients is higher in digital and often determines the success of any digital marketing campaign.
- More revenue generation – More customer engagement and conversion, the better the profits businesses can book. Business expands domestically and at times goes international as well.
- Brand Awareness – It helps companies create brand awareness, reliance, and confidence amongst customers by keeping them posted through new products, activities, offers, and schemes.
- Better ROI (Return Of Investment) – Compared to other media forms, businesses can book high profits at lower spending and it will ultimately help book better return on investment (ROI).
Modes Of Traditional Marketing:
- Print Marketing – It includes newspapers, magazines, journals, pamphlets, insertions, etc. that offer daily news, classified, etc. that earns revenue through promotions and local advertisements.
- Outdoor Marketing – Billboards and Hoardings are the two ways of home marketing that play an important role in influencing consumers across the globe.
- One-On-One – It’s telecalling or SMS marketing, which involves promoting products or services to clients via telephone or SMS.
- Direct Mail – Companies send advertisement material to the consumer through the post. It includes brochures, postcards, catalogs, flyers, newsletters, and sales letters.
- Referral – Also, termed as ‘word of mouth’ marketing it depends on the consumers to convey information related to the products or services.
Modes Of Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – The process is to optimize your website in such a way that it ranks at top spots in the search engine results pages (SERPs) like Google, Bing, etc. Definitely securing the top spot will guarantee more organic traffic on the website.
Content Marketing – It is to develop, publish and promote content for the targeted group, so as to create brand awareness, increase traffic, generate leads, etc.
- Inbound Marketing – The process of helping clients to find your company through social media posts, branding, content marketing, etc. The aim is to attract, convert, delight customers, and close.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – You will promote your brand over social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc. It helps in creating brand awareness, drawing traffic, and generating leads.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – It is an advertising model used to drive traffic to the website. Under PPC the advertiser pays the publisher the same money, every single time when the advertiser company’s ad is clicked. Search and Display AD forms are often seen in the search results pages of Google & Bing.
- Affiliate Marketing – You promote other companies offerings on your website and in return you earn a part of the profit, for each sales conversion.
- Native Advertising – A form of advertisement that resembles the type and function of the media upon which the ad appears. Most customers are unable to identify that it is an ad since it appears like a post. Sponsored Ads’ on Facebook or Instagram are a common example of such ads.
Marketing Automation – It’s software designed to perform marketing functions in an efficient way on various platforms & automate repetitive tasks such as mail, SMS, etc.
- Email Marketing – You send emails to a targeted audience about discounts, events, new products, offers, etc., and direct the audience to the company’s website.
- Online PR – This involves the public relations activities of the marketers using online platforms like social media, blogs, websites, etc.
Hope you are now clear with modes of digital marketing and plan a good strategy for brand products or services.
Below is a table of differences between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing:
|The promotion of products and services through TV, Telephone, Banner, Broadcast, Door to Door, Sponsorship, etc.
|The promotion of products and services through digital media or electronic mediums like SEO, sem, PPC, etc.
|Traditional Marketing is not cost-effective.
|Digital Marketing is more cost-effective-promoting.
|It is not so good for Brand building.
|It is efficient and fast for brand building.
|Traditional Marketing is difficult to Measure.
|Digital Marketing is easy to Measure with the help of analytics tools.
|It is difficult to quantify the return on investment in traditional marketing.
|It is simple to calculate in the case of digital marketing.
|After the posting of the advertisement, it cannot be altered.
|Even after the posting of an advertisement, it can be amended.
traditional Marketing includes.
- T.V. advertisement
- Banner Ads.
- print Ads.
Digital Marketing includes..
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Web design.
- Content marketing.
- Social media marketing.
- Email marketing.
|Users have no option except to watch the ads.
|Users can even skip the ads if they lack interest.
|The traditional type of marketing has local reach.
|The digital type of marketing has carried a global reach.
|There are standardized ways of targeting users.
|The targeting here is customized and relies on the type of user.
|The methods opt in traditional marketing for market analysis by a company leads to waiting for weeks or months to get results.
|Digital marketing gives quick results and thus helps in getting real-time marketing results easily.
|No real-time results are obtained in traditional marketing so there is a need to draft a marketing strategy beforehand as it relies on marketing results.
|The improvement in marketing strategy is quite flexible as it can be changed according to marketing results.
|One-way communication occurs in traditional marketing because of its rigid means to carry out the process of marketing.
|Two-way communication occurs that leads to more customer satisfaction.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...