1. Traditional Commerce :
Traditional commerce refers to the commercial transactions or exchange of information, buying or selling product/services from person to person without use of internet which is a older method of business style and comes under traditional business. Now a days people are not preferring this as it is time taking and needs physical way of doing business.
Example includes physical market/bazzar.
2. E-commerce :
E-commerce refers to the commercial transactions or exchange of information, buying or selling product/services electronically with the help of internet which is a newer concept of business style and comes under e-business. Now a days people are preferring this as it is less time taking and does not need physical way of doing business everything can be done with laptop or smartphone and internet.
Example includes online shopping sites.
Difference between Traditional Commerce and E-commerce :
|01.||Traditional commerce refers to the commercial transactions or exchange of information, buying or selling product/services from person to person without use of internet.||E-commerce refers to the commercial transactions or exchange of information, buying or selling product/services electronically with the help of internet.|
|02.||In traditional commerce it is difficult to establish and maintain standard practices.||In traditional commerce it is easy to establish and maintain standard practices.|
|03.||In traditional commerce direct interaction through seller and buyer is present.||In traditional commerce indirect interaction through seller and buyer occurs using electronic medium and internet.|
|04.||Traditional commerce is carried out by face to face, telephone lines or mail systems.||E-commerce is carried out by internet or other network communication technology.|
|05.||In traditional commerce processing of transaction is manual.||In e-commerce processing of transaction is automatic.|
|06.||In traditional commerce delivery of goods is instant.||In e-commerce delivery of goods takes time.|
|07.||Its accessibility is for limited time in a day.||Its accessibility is 24×7×365 means round the clock.|
|08.||Traditional commerce is done where digital network is not reachable.||E-commerce is used to save valuable time and money.|
|09.||Traditional commerce is a older method of business style which comes under traditional business.||E-commerce is a newer concept of business style which comes under e-business.|
|10.||Its resource focuses on supply side.||Its resource focuses on demand side.|
|11.||In traditional commerce customers can inspect products physically before purchase.||In e-commerce customers can not inspect products physically before purchase.|
|12.||Its business scope of business is a limited physical area.||Its business scope is worldwide as it is done through digital medium.|
|13.||For customer support, information exchange there is no such uniform platform.||For customer support, information exchange there is exists uniform platform.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between E-commerce and M-commerce
- Difference between E-Commerce and E-Business
- Difference between E-commerce and Retail
- Difference between Traditional and Reactive Computer System
- Difference between Traditional and Agile Software Development
- Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Difference between Traditional Processing and Stream Processing
- Difference between Cloud Storage and Traditional Storage
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Traditional Firewall and Next Generation Firewall
- Difference between Traditional WAN and SD WAN
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between EIS and Traditional Information System
- Difference between Traditional data and Big data
- Difference between Traditional Marketing Concept and Modern Marketing Concept
- Difference between Traditional Data Center and Software Defined Data Center
- Software Engineering | RAD Model vs Traditional SDLC
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.