Traditional Software Development:
Traditional software development is the software development process used to design and develop the simple software. It is basically used when the security and many other factors of the software are not much important. It is used by freshers in order to develop the software.
It consists of five phases:
1. Requirements analysis 2. Design 3. Implementation 4. Coding and Testing 5. Maintenance
Agile Software Development:
Agile software development is the software development process used to design complicated software. It is basically used when the software is quite sensitive and complicated. It is used when security is much important. It is used by professionals in order to develop the software.
It consists of three phases:
1. Project initiation 2. Sprint planning 3. Demos
Difference between Traditional and Agile Software Development:
|Traditional Software Development||Agile Software Development|
|It is used to develop the simple software.||It is used to develop the complicated software.|
|In this methodology, testing is done once the development phase is totally completed.||In this methodology, testing and development processes are performed concurrently.|
|It provides less security.||It provides high security.|
|It provides less functionality in the software.||It provides all the functionality needed by the users.|
|It is basically used by freshers.||It is used by professionals.|
|Development cost is less using this methodology.||Development cost is high using this methodology.|
|It majorly consists of five phases.||It consists only three phases.|
|It is less used by software development firms.||It is normally used by software development firms.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Agile Software Development
- Software Engineering | Agile Development Models
- Difference between Generic Software Development and Custom Software Development
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Difference between Agile Model and V-Model
- Difference between Agile and Scrum Testing
- Difference between Agile and DevOps
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Agile model and other models
- Difference between Traditional and Reactive Computer System
- Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Difference between Traditional Processing and Stream Processing
- Difference between Cloud Storage and Traditional Storage
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Traditional Firewall and Next Generation Firewall
- Difference between Traditional WAN and SD WAN
- Difference between EIS and Traditional Information System
- Difference between Traditional data and Big data
- Agile Software Process and it's Principles
- Agile Software Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.