Difference between Tencent Weiyun and Tresorit
1. Tencent Weiyun :
Tencent Weiyun is a file hosting service and cloud storage which is provided by Tencent Holdings Limited. It is available in two languages English and Chinese. It is majorly used in countries like China. It was launched by Tencent Holdings Limited in 2012. It offers 10 GB free storage space. It offers limited storage space for paid. The maximum storage size is 2 TB here.
Features of Tencent Weiyun:
- High storage capacity: Tencent Weiyun offers up to 10TB of free storage, which is significantly more than what Tresorit offers.
- File sharing: Tencent Weiyun allows users to share files with others easily.
- Mobile apps: Tencent Weiyun has mobile apps for iOS and Android that allow users to access their files on the go.
- Multi-language support: Tencent Weiyun supports multiple languages, including English and Chinese.
- Integration with other Tencent products: Tencent Weiyun integrates with other Tencent products such as WeChat and QQ.
2. Tresorit :
Tresorit is a cloud storage, file synchronization and file sharing service which is provided by Tresorit. It is one of the most secure cloud computing services available. It provides an end-to-end encrypted file synchronization and file sharing services. It was launched by Tresorit in 2014. It offers 3 GB free storage space. It is supported in Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Linux.
Features of Tresorit:
- End-to-end encryption: Tresorit uses end-to-end encryption to protect user data, which means that only the user has access to their files.
- Zero-knowledge encryption: Tresorit uses zero-knowledge encryption, which means that the company does not have access to user data and cannot decrypt it.
- Collaboration features: Tresorit allows users to create and manage shared folders and set permissions for collaborators.
- Mobile apps: Tresorit has mobile apps for iOS and Android that allow users to access their files on the go.
Integration with other apps and services: Tresorit integrates with other apps and services such as Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Similarities between Tencent Weiyun and Tresorit:
- File synchronization: Both services offer file synchronization across multiple devices.
- Accessibility: Both Tencent Weiyun and Tresorit offer mobile apps for accessing files on the go.
- File sharing: Both services allow users to easily share files with others.
- Backup: Both services allow users to backup their data and files to the cloud.
- Security: Both services use encryption to ensure the security of user data.
Difference between Tencent Weiyun and Tresorit :
|1||It is developed and owned by Tencent Holdings Limited.||It is developed and owned by Tresorit.|
|2||It was launched in 2012.||It was launched in 2014.|
|3||It offers 10 GB free storage space.||It offers 3 GB free storage space.|
|4||Maximum storage size is 2 TB here.||Maximum storage size is 1 TB for personal individual plan and 4 TB for professional individual plan here.|
|5||It is used in China only.||It is majorly used in Canada and United States.|
|6||It does not have client-side encryption.||It has client-side encryption.|
|7||It does not support remote uploading.||It also does not support remote uploading.|
|8||Maximum file size is 1 GB for regular upload and 32 GB for power upload.||Here maximum file size is 500 MB for free, 10 GB for personal individual plan and 15 GB for professional individual plan.|
|9||It does not support file versioning.||It supports file versioning for paid plans only.|
Tresorit is a better choice for users who need a high level of security and collaboration features, as well as integration with other apps and services. Tencent Weiyun, on the other hand, is a good choice for users who need a lot of storage and are looking for a free option, but may not offer the same level of security and collaboration features as Tresorit.