System Unit is that the hardware element of the PC system. It varies in size and possesses completely different size per specific PC kind and its demand for work. It is additionally known as the system chase, computer case, computer chassis, etc.
System unit contains optical drive, hardware, RAM, power supply, BIOS, motherboard, processors, fans, peripheral devices, etc. It’s not a purposeful unit itself, however it provides the surroundings to all or any the opposite purposeful units and interiors to collaborate and work conjointly in a very ordinarily hooked up hardware chase. It’s sometimes created from aluminium or typically metal. It varies in form and size per the necessities of the PC or Computer.
Central Processing Unit (CPU):
CPU is known as brain for every ingrained system. CPU comprises the arithmetic logic unit (ALU) accustomed quickly to store the information and perform calculations and Control Unit (CU) for performing instruction sequencing as well as branching. CPU interacts with more computer components such as memory, input and output for performing instruction.
Let’s see the difference between System unit and CPU :
|1.||System Unit does not have any full form.||CPU stands for Central Processing Unit.|
|2.||It manages the entire or whole computer.||Whereas it is the part of system unit.|
|3.||Without CPU system unit is nothing.||It is the heart or brain of system unit.|
|4.||It is not responsible for giving the answer or solution of queries.||While it is responsible for giving the answer or solution of queries.|
|5.||System unit is the computer system’s part or unit.||Whereas it is the small unit of system unit.|
|6.||System unit contains or provides the power supply to the entire computer system.||While it does not have power supply.|
|7.||System unit contains optical drive, hardware, RAM, power supply, BIOS, motherboard, processors, fans, peripheral devices, etc.||Whereas it contains microprocessor, that process data.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Difference between Input and Output Interface Unit
- Difference between Hardwired and Microprogrammed Control Unit
- Difference between Hardwired and Micro-programmed Control Unit | Set 2
- Difference between Horizontal and Vertical micro-programmed Control Unit
- Difference between Local File System (LFS) and Distributed File System (DFS)
- Difference between Input Conditioning and Output Conditioning Unit
- Difference between Open-Loop Control System and Closed-Loop Control System
- Difference between AI and Expert System
- Difference between GPS and Satellite Navigation System
- Difference between Computer and Embedded System
- Difference between MultiCore and MultiProcessor System
- Difference between File System and DBMS
- Difference between Operating System and Kernel
- Difference Between Digital And Analog System
- Difference between Traditional and Reactive Computer System
- Difference between Application Software and Operating System
- Difference between Database System and Data Warehouse
- Difference between UNIX and Windows Operating System
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manmeetjuneja5