While developing a software or application product, it is tested at the final stage as a whole by combining all the product modules and this is called as System Testing. The primary aim of conducting this test is that it must fulfill the customer/user requirement specification. It is also called as an end-to-end test, as is performed at the end of the development. This testing does not depend on system implementation; in simple words, the system tester doesn’t know which technique among procedural and object-oriented is implemented.
This testing is classified into functional and non-functional requirements of the system. In functional testing, the testing is similar to black-box testing which is based on specifications instead of code and syntax of the programming language used. On the other hand, in non-functional testing, it checks for performance and reliability through generating test cases in the corresponding programming language.
This testing is the collection of the modules of the software, where the relationship and the interfaces between the different components are also tested. It needs coordination between the project level activities of integrating the constituent components together at a time.
The integration and integration testing must adhere to a building plan for the defined integration and identification of the bug in the early stages. However, an integrator or integration tester must have the programming knowledge, unlike system tester.
Difference between System Testing and Integration Testing :
|S.No.||Comparison||System Testing||Integration Testing|
|1.||Basic||Tests the finished product.||Validates the collection and interface modules.|
|2.||Performed||After integration testing||After unit testing|
|3.||Requires||Understanding of the internal structure and programming language.||Knowledge of just interlinked modules and their interaction.|
|4.||Emphasis||On the behavior of all module as a whole.||System functionalities interface between individual modules.|
|5.||Covers||Functional as well as non-functional tests.||Only functional testing.|
|6.||Test cases||Created to imitate real life scenarios.||Build to simulate the interaction between two modules.|
|7.||Approaches||big-bang, incremental and functional.||Sanity, regression, usability, retesting, maintenance and performance tests.|
|8.||Executed||Only by test engineers.||By test engineers as well as developers.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between Integration Testing and Sandwich Testing
- System Integration (Software) Testing (SIT)
- Differences between Interface and Integration Testing
- Software Engineering | Integration Testing
- Steps in Top Down Integration Testing
- Steps in Bottom Up Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between System Testing and End-to-end Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Load Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378