SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics. SVG files use .svg extension. It is a vector image composed of paths.
PNG stands for Portable Network Graphics. For PNG images extension used is .png. It uses lossless compression algorithm. It is a raster image composed of pixels.
Difference between SVG and PNG:
|It stands for Scalable Vector Graphics.||It stands for Portable Network Graphics.|
|It is a vector image.||It is a raster image.|
|It’s quality doesn’t decrease on zooming.||Quality decreases on zooming.|
|It is made up of paths.||It is made up of fixed no of pixels.|
|SVG files are editable.||PNG files are not editable.||Extensions used is .svg.||Extension used is .png.|
|Mostly used for devices with high pixel density.||It is mostly used in image creation.|
- Difference between JPEG and PNG
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between SVG and JPEG
- Difference between File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Difference between Local File System (LFS) and Distributed File System (DFS)
- Difference between FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS File System
- Difference between Header file and Library
- Difference between YAML(.yml) and .properties file in Java SpringBoot
- Difference between File and Folder
- Difference between File System and DBMS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.