1. Structure Chart :
Structure Chart represents the hierarchical structure of modules. It represents the software architecture that means the various modules making up the system and the dependency. Structure chart representation can be easily implemented using some common programming language. The main focus in the structure chart is on the module structure of the software.
2. Flow Chart :
Flowchart is a graphical representation of an algorithm. Programmers often use it as a program-planning tool to solve a problem. It makes use of symbols which are connected among them to indicate the flow of information and processing. Flow chart is a convenient technique to represent the flow of control in a program.
Difference between Structure chart and Flow chart :
|Structure chart||Flow chart|
|Structure chart represents the software architecture.||Flow chart represents the flow of control in program.|
|It is easy to identify the different modules of the software from structure chart.||It is difficult to identify the different modules of the software from the flow chart.|
|Symbols used in structure chart are complex.||Symbols used in flow chart are simple.|
|Data interchange between different modules is represented here.||Data interchange among different modules is not represented in flow chart.|
|In structure chart different types of arrows are used to represent data flow and module invocation.||Only a single type of arrow is used to show the control flow in flow chart.|
|It suppresses the sequential ordering of tasks inherent in a flow chart.||It demonstrates the sequential ordering of inherent tasks.|
|Structure chart is complex to construct in comparison of flow chart.||Flow chart is easier to construct in comparison of structure chart.|
|Structure chart is hard to understand.||Flow chart is easy to understand.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Single Bus Structure and Double Bus Structure
- Difference between Flow Control and Congestion Control
- Difference between Structure and Union in C
- What is DFD(Data Flow Diagram)?
- Data Flow Testing
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Rules for Data Flow Diagram
- Levels in Data Flow Diagrams (DFD)
- Control Flow Software Testing
- Types and Components of Data Flow Diagram (DFD)
- Software Engineering | Control Flow Graph (CFG)
- Software Engineering | Cash Flow Forecasting
- Functional modeling and Information Flow modeling
- Structure vs class in C++
- Control Structure Testing
- Software Engineering | Structure Charts
- Software Development Organizational Structure
- Software Engineering | Work Breakdown Structure
- Analyzing and Designing Structure in Software Engineering
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.